welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Caldoran

AsiaFortress Mash 2015: Post-Event Feedback and Suggestions

Team Name(s)/Number(s): Xiao
Role (Player/Mentor/Backup/Backup Mentor): Mentor
1. Was the event overall a positive experience for you?

Yes
2. What did you think of the event timing? (Too early/too late/too long?)

Event timing was decent, starting right after lunchtime is a good idea.
3. In what areas do you think we did right for the event?

Event went smoothly as a whole.
4. What are the things which could have been done better?

I think a timetable would be good, with breaks inbetween maps for mentors to teach their mentees about the map/what to do generally.

5. How much do you feel the newcomers in your team have improved during the event? (Mentor/Backup Mentor)

I believe newcomers have gotten a general idea of what competitive tf2 entails and what they should expect if they were to continue playing competitively.

6. How do you feel about the mentors/players who were assigned to your team?

Bait - good mentor. GJ!

Bunnybeast - not a new player, good sub. GJ!

Disastre -  very attentive, I believe you had some competitive background already in the form of UGC but you were still open to learning new things. GJ!

Phrostzness - new to competitive but learned fairly quickly, +rep on my profile, very thanks u. GJ!

MLGineer - possibly had problems with mumble/ping but still managed to give us timely responses. GJ!

Nex - couldn't come, theres a next mash no fear. GJ!
7. Any other suggestions/feedback?

Maybe mentors should only be allowed to play medic or scout or something, where they can't singlehandedly win the game without the help of their mentees. A briefing or an open forum would be nice before and after the event so as to ease the newcomers into the community, after the event all the players that knew each other were just talking amongst themselves  :huh:.

• Like 2

Team Name(s)/Number(s):

Team Nose

Role (Player/Mentor/Backup/Backup Mentor):

Player

Yes, I've learned a lot about 6s stuff and I hope that I can imply my knowledge into real games.

It's quite late because we had to wait for the players to ready up.

The organize and the substitute did a great job.

Start on time, maybe?

5. How much do you feel like you've improved after playing in the event? (Player/Backup)
    How much do you feel the newcomers in your team have improved during the event? (Mentor/Backup Mentor)
I think that I've improved my game sense because when I played 6s I always like to play alone and overextend. Now I know how to coordinate with my team and not overextend too much.

Awesome, funny, full of knowledge etc.

Since we have AF Mash, why not like a cup that just for new teams to participate but not like Division 1,2 and 3 but just for new teams to participate.

Team Name(s)/Number(s): FFS

Role (Player/Mentor/Backup/Backup Mentor): Player

1. Was the event overall a positive experience for you? Overwhelmly positive

2. What did you think of the event timing? (Too early/too late/too long?) Timing is PERFECT

3. In what areas do you think we did right for the event? The timing and mentoring

4. What are the things which could have been done better? Quite a bit of more balanced team to the event

5. How much do you feel like you've improved after playing in the event? (Player/Backup) I feel that I've improved a lot especially sticky jump through maps which it's really helpful and especially about 6v6 match since I'm new to 6v6

6. How do you feel about the mentors/players who were assigned to your team? Players were good and supportive especially mentor Dr.Cindy. He helps me to understand the whole concept of the map and my role. Even though there are some hard times but it's learning, of course sometimes they need to push you to the limit so that you can become better which is for me an act of good teaching

7. Any other suggestions/feedback? Put briefing one or two days before the match start so we can practice more rather than just before the match start

Overall this was a unforgettable event which I will remember for my whole TF2 gaming life. I also want to thank to my mentors and players who supports me in the game and I'll see you soon in the the event!  :D 

• Like 1

Team Name(s)/Number(s): Xiao/1

1. Was the event overall a positive experience for you? I am learning alot from this event

2. What did you think of the event timing? (Too early/too late/too long?) it is ok

3. In what areas do you think we did right for the event? The timing

4. What are the things which could have been done better? The balance of the team

5. How much do you feel like you've improved after playing in the event? (Player/Backup) My understanding about callout and tactics

6. How do you feel about the mentors/players who were assigned to your team? Very Good but, i feel my team is to OP and not balance

7. Any other suggestions/feedback? BALANCE THE TEAM

• Like 1

Team Name(s)/Number(s):

Fwishless Doge

Role (Player/Mentor/Backup/Backup Mentor):

Player

Yep.  It was a great experience.

Slightly too long.  

The whole thing is quite good,  along with the mentors. Especially the mentors.

The time, I guess.  It went past the time that it was supposed to end, and I had to leave before the event added. ( Sorry team :/)

5. How much do you feel like you've improved after playing in the event? (Player/Backup)

Well definitely. The mentors did a real good job at teaching us. 

Everyone was great. Mentors r8 8/8 best mentors

Thanks fwishy.

And thanks Legend.
and sorry ;-;

wellmaybe the event could be split into two days or something, since it takes quite some time. Maybe announce the teams earlier so that we can get to know each other early? 

Basically, the whole thing was great. Thanks guys.

• Like 1

Team Name(s)/Number(s): Nose

1. Was the event overall a positive experience for you? Yes, of course, lots of fun much better than pugs

2. What did you think of the event timing? (Too early/too late/too long?)Too early

3. In what areas do you think we did right for the event? The event was very organized and the mentors were really friendly

4. What are the things which could have been done better? Team stacking *cough* team boleh *cough*

5. How much do you feel like you've improved after playing in the event? (Player/Backup) I learned to coordinate better with my team and talking with the team

6. How do you feel about the mentors/players who were assigned to your team? They were all really friendly and fun to play with

7. Any other suggestions/feedback? Not stacking the teams, adding gran pro to the map rotation(?), do these kind of things more frequently and actually use the asiafortress academy group :v http://steamcommunity.com/groups/asiafortressacademy

Thanks to the admins and everyone participate in this event it was super fun

Team Name(s)/Number(s):Calduelran

Role (Player/Mentor/Backup/Backup Mentor):player roamer

1. Was the event overall a positive experience for you?definitely! i learned a lot of new things in this event

2. What did you think of the event timing? (Too early/too late/too long?)i think the timing is fine since its holiday and i always have time for tf2 especially for this

3. In what areas do you think we did right for the event?the teams were set perfectly and the mentors guided us well throughout the games

4. What are the things which could have been done better?i dont really know...

5. How much do you feel like you've improved after playing in the event? (Player/Backup)i learned alot most of it are the callouts and the roamer rollouts on some of the 6v6 maps, overall learned alot of things at the event

How much do you feel the newcomers in your team have improved during the event? (Mentor/Backup Mentor)

6. How do you feel about the mentors/players who were assigned to your team?i think the mentors and my team mates were friendly, good and experienced people i believe so

7. Any other suggestions/feedback?maybe considering highlander as well would be nice to see it.

• Like 1