This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Moy

Moving and Questions

Hey guys, my name is Moy, and I'm a demo main from the US.

I'm moving to Asia next month, and I was wondering how much different things are in the Asian TF2 community than in the US's (metagame, etc.). I was also wondering how the skill level differs from each other (I played in ESEA IM), as well as if there are a lot of language barriers and stuff, as I can speak a little Mandarin but I'm mostly fluent in English.

I would also like to know any basic things that would get me started.

Looking forward to play in AsiaFortress!

edit: I'd be in Taiwan, which is relatively far away from everything. Ping issues?

also, i'm not sure if this is in the right place :< go ahead and move it if it is, thanks!

Edited by Moy

You should have no problem at all fitting in or in fact shining skill wise here.

Taiwan should give you decent connection to the HK and Japanese servers and communities.

Down here in singapore shouldn't be a problem as well (though will still depend on your ISP somewhat routing sucks round the region).

You probably are aware how pugs and the like work already but give the guide a read anyway as our system is automated so you may want to remember a few things.

Cheers and have a good time both in Taiwan and future games!

You should have no problem at all fitting in or in fact shining skill wise here.

Taiwan should give you decent connection to the HK and Japanese servers and communities.

Down here in singapore shouldn't be a problem as well (though will still depend on your ISP somewhat routing sucks round the region).

You probably are aware how pugs and the like work already but give the guide a read anyway as our system is automated so you may want to remember a few things.

Cheers and have a good time both in Taiwan and future games!

But your in Malaysia Saki. God damn it!