Soldier Grand Final - 7 December 2014 8pm

THARNOS PRESENTS: MASTERS OF MGE

An MGE Tournament for Soldier & Scout

Prizes for Each Category

• 1st Place: 3 Buds

• 2nd Place: 2 Buds

• 3rd Place: 1 Bud

Basic Guidelines

• There will be 2 categories for this tournament: Scout vs Scout and Soldier vs Soldier

• You may only take part in 1 category

• Double Elimination. 

•  

• Participation is free but limited to the first 32 sign-ups for each class. Successful applicants will be added to the MGE Masters steam group

•  

• Registration will close when all 64 slots are filled or 21 November 2014, whichever comes earlier

•  

• Your steam account must have at least 200hrs of TF2. Steam profile must be set to Public throughout the tournament

Weapon Rules

• You are only allowed to use the following weapons:

• Soldier: Standard Rocket Launcher/Original, Shotgun, Escape Plan/Shovel/Whip/Pain Train

• Scout: Scattergun, Pistol/Luger, Baseball Bat/Runeblade/Boston Basher

Match Scheduling

• Participants will be responsible for arranging their own matches and servers. You can start once you see the challonge brackets updated. All preliminary matches must be played within 22 November 2014 and 28 November 2014. Grand Finals and Third-Place matches will be played on 29 November 2014 (dates are all subject to change)

• Matches are only to be played on Asiafortress #15, #16, #17 & #18 MGE servers. Only people in the mge masters steam group will be able to play on these servers (just like how AFL pug servers work - thanks nata!)

Server Addresses:

sg1.asiafortress.com:27010 

sg1.asiafortress.com:27011 
sg1.asiafortress.com:27012 
sg1.asiafortress.com:27013

• Best of Three maps (3rd place and finals will be Bo5)

• Participants will choose 1 map of their preference from the map pool below and both maps will be played. Players whose name appears on top of the challonge brackets gets to choose first. You may not choose the same map.

• In the event of a tie-breaker, Ammomod [MGE] will be played

• Map Pool: Badlands Middle, Granary Middle, Granary Last, Viaduct Middle, Badlands Spire, Gullywash Middle, Snakewater Middle (take note this is glitched on mge_training_v8_beta4b), Process Middle

•  

• All maps to be played in mge_training_v8_beta4b except Snakewater Middle which shall be played on mge_oihguv_sucks_a11. However if your opponent agrees to play for example, granary mid, in oihguv sucks, then its okay.

•  

• No ghosting please. If you are found to be ghosting a participant’s health or position to your friend, both will be disqualified

•  

Results Posting

• The onus is on the winner of the match to update the score in the challonge site (eg. if you win both maps, you post 2-0 etc). They are also required to take a screenshot of the finalized scores and upload into the challonge site (i believe you can attach a file there). If the file is too big you can upload to imgur and then attach the link. 

• When a match is won, there will be a white text that appears in the chatbox eg. “tharnos defeats kol 20-0 in Granary Middle”. You may screenshot that portion as proof. You may also save screenshot within steam so that we know the screenshot is linked to your account. Please see example below:

http://i.imgur.com/gzDd0sr.jpg

Disputes

• As there has been an increase of hackers of late, everyone may record demos of their matches. If anyone is suspected of cheating, you can file a dispute with your demo as proof. This will be reviewed and if found guilty, the cheater will be permanently banned. Demos should be kept until the end of the tournament.

• Participants may save chatlogs when arranging their matches and provide them to the respective admins in the event of a dispute

Important Links

Soldier Registration Page

http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3978-masters-of-mge-soldier-registration-page/

Scout Registration Page: 

http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/topic/3977-masters-of-mge-scout-registration-page/

Challonge Brackets: 

SCOUT: http://challonge.com/mastersofmgescout

SOLDIER: http://challonge.com/mastersofmgesoldier

Masters of MGE Steam Group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/mastersofmge

*also if anyone would like to cast/stream the finals, do let me know, all your help is welcome :)

Edited by kolxxx
  • Like 5

How will you account for the map differences? The oghiguv one and normal MGE map have subtle differences in various arenas. Are you going to change the map to either version on all the MGE servers?

EDIT: btw you can host the tournament without people's challonge accounts, but if that was intentional I will respect your decision.

1. Okay guess i will have to say it now to avoid future confusion. Cos i'm not sure of all the small differences in the maps. All maps to be played in mge_training_v8_betab4 unless its snakewater middle which is glitched in betab4. 

2. I need their challonge usernames so that the participants will be able to post the scores themselves. When i register them as participants with their challonge usernames they will be granted the ability to do so as well as the ability to upload attachments (eg. screenshot of victory). This way the preliminary stages will be able to progress faster as opposed to just me updating all the results. (THIS IS ACCORDING TO FAQ I READ FROM CHALLONGE. HOPE IT WORKS HAHA).

1. Okay guess i will have to say it now to avoid future confusion. Cos i'm not sure of all the small differences in the maps. All maps to be played in mge_training_v8_betab4 unless its snakewater middle which is glitched in betab4. 

2. I need their challonge usernames so that the participants will be able to post the scores themselves. When i register them as participants with their challonge usernames they will be granted the ability to do so as well as the ability to upload attachments (eg. screenshot of victory). This way the preliminary stages will be able to progress faster as opposed to just me updating all the results. (THIS IS ACCORDING TO FAQ I READ FROM CHALLONGE. HOPE IT WORKS HAHA).

1. I'm going to add you later in the afternoon. The plugin might have to be adjusted on #11, so to keep things running smoothly we should sort out all the stuff you need from the servers.

2. I suggest you post an index with challonge names and steam profile urls, as from what I can see, some participants have very misleading challonge names which would cause confusion. 

Thanks for organizing uncle Tharny

1. Nata said to use #15, 16, 17, 18

2. Yeah after registration close i will compile a list of names. Anyway on the challonge brackets, i can input the nickname i want to see --> so it won't be their challonge username that we see in the brackets --> it will be their name that they used to register here --> but it will be linked to their challenge account.

Edited by kolxxx