This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
SakiIsa

Huds.tf finally public!

If anyone remembers tf2huds.net, the succesor is here!

http://huds.tf/

Crossposting from TF.TV

So here we go friends, huds.tf is finally public! It's super exciting and I'm incredibly nervous about it, but there we go.
(If the "coming soon" page is still loading, refresh. CTRL + F5 will do it)

It's been a fair bit of work, although being honest, I've been lazy with the development until recently. The site has a bunch of new features which need to be explained, so let's get to it.

• The HUDs listed on the home page are sorted randomly, although alphabetical sorting may come in the future depending on how much people care. Unfortunately, we have no good way of sorting HUDs by when they were last updated or by how popular they are. We're not looking into sorting them by popularity either, as it may be harmful to those with less popular HUDs. We want to give every HUD a chance, and we hope you do too.
  • HUDs also have their own pages, which give you in-depth information about the HUD you may be looking to use, including screenshots, operating system support, resolution support and customization options. Every HUD has also been given it's own custom URL, which means you can reach HUDs using a url like notohud.huds.tf or flathud.huds.tf, for example.
  • The Blog page is a new edition which we'll be using to get updates about HUD related stuff to the community, like the recent release of hudcreator.co.uk. We're also planning on releasing the blog to HUD editors, so they can push their HUD updates to the blog.
  • The Guide section is what it says it is. It's for HUD Guides. However, it's still a little barren. We're going to avoid "stealing" guides from other websites and either obtain our own, or gain proper permission for already existing guides, such as Rays' Video Tutorials.
  • The HUD Archive is also what it says it is. But to go into greater detail, the HUD Archive is a list of HUDs that are either out of date, or maybe not fully submitted to us to gain their own huds.tf page. You can find a full explaination on the Archive Page.

You can still submit HUDs to the site, but more information is required than the previous information needed for tf2huds.net. There is also a Guide Submission form on site too, rather than messaging me on Steam about them.

We're still working on 4plug support (which should be coming really soon) and we've been toying around with the idea of forums, but we'll leave this to your feedback. Would you like to have HUD specific forums, or leave it down to TF.TV to fill that need? Does huds.tf having forums seem necessary for the entire TF2 community?

I want to give a huge thanks to tstm for all his hard work on the site design and the very few people that got to see the site before release for giving feedback.

Now I'm going to sit here in fear.

Thanks friends
omnibombulator