This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
throwaway account

Possible ways for asiafortress to improve

now, asiafortress has retarded admins. They ban new comers permanently for minor reasons. This is completely bullshit because it stops new players from getting into this competitive tf2 scene. spammah and natapon bans people permanently for leaving before sub. They ban people permanently just to learn the pug guide. the admins should tell them to READ the PUG GUIDE instead of BANNING THEM, it doesnt help the community grow and you are just pissing off new comers. ASIAN FORTRESS will be dead sometime. Don't ban anyone permanently if you dont have a good enough reason such as cheating.

Thats right bitch

Random lurker of YOUR SOURCE BAN BAN LIST.

...... this is too hard to read, I can literally feel my brain shriveling.

Why don't you just use your real alias and make your case and criticisms clear in a constructive and neutral manner instead of resorting to dumb angsty bait-posts?

eh please, there's a appeal page. look in the "offici servers" sub forums to find it. pretty sure it's pinned.

you say that natapon and spammah are retarded?

oh so natapon pays for AF servers and he gets nothing back other than someone calling him retarded.

oh so spammah with his lee kuan yew jokes to lighten the pug atmosphere, help set up middle east tf2 pugs, revive asiafortress is retarded.

ok la if anyone is retarded in af it's me because i drop uber then get spanked hard in my ass by the likes of tj and aza.

and other admins aren't retarded. if we didn't have our admins and their "retardedness" we won't have AFLAN.SG

and using a alt acc doesn't support your miserable cause either.

good day, it's pretty hot.

Edited by frostyy

Don't put yourself down frostyy wtf nigga :ph34r:

haha nah it's fine :)

already rock bottom at my game there's no more "putting myself down" instead, it is speaking the truth :D

I will try harder to improve!

• Like 1

all bans are permanent until appealed, sometimes you gotta drill hard through some of that's thick bone that's protecting what is left inside.

• Like 1

haha nah it's fine :)

already rock bottom at my game there's no more "putting myself down" instead, it is speaking the truth :D

I will try harder to improve!

^ respect.

Well to begin with I suck at PUGs.. 

I have never been kicked, banned so far. Just go through the rules before jumping in directly. I believe that the place where you got the password should have link to the guides in the next paragraph or so.

Coming to speak of Spammah I caused a lot of annoyance to him once with my gameplay. Later I apologized and he was very supportive and guided me.

It is not about the appeals. It is about the ban system itself. The current ban system is stupid. The admins here in AsiaFortress is like dictators and they do not respect player rights. Give them a warning. Don't just ban them right away. If they deserved the permanent ban, they won't appeal the ban. It's just a waste of time of both players and admins. Wasting players time to write up their appeals for leaving before sub. Wasting admin's time to read and remove the ban. And when new comers got banned, they just leave. 

It is not about the appeals. It is about the ban system itself. The current ban system is stupid. The admins here in AsiaFortress is like dictators and they do not respect player rights. Give them a warning. Don't just ban them right away. If they deserved the permanent ban, they won't appeal the ban. It's just a waste of time of both players and admins. Wasting players time to write up their appeals for leaving before sub. Wasting admin's time to read and remove the ban. And when new comers got banned, they just leave. 

If the admins keep issuing warnings, won't that be a waste of time because they have to track each and every warning?

They might as well issue a ban and if the player doesn't come back, it pretty much means that they did not bother to come to the forum to appeal their ban. What does this tell us about the player? He/She probably doesn't care enough about pugging and wouldn't continue to play competitive if any setback came their way. I think the admins want to drill the rules into people because if you tell them nicely, sometimes they think that they can just get these empty warnings with no bans coming their way.

The admins want to grow the community, but that doesn't mean that they would allow some guy to come in and break rules, then get a warning right before breaking them again. If they can't deal with problems like these, I don't think they can deal with the problems that they would face going down this path.

The community isn't going to change just to suit 1 person, that person has to change to suit the community.

Edited by blurr

Yes, newcomers that don't read the rules and want 'respect'.. please.. just leave. If you're not here to improve, or just wanna treat AF as another of your pub hangouts, don't come back. Don't follow the rules, get banned. Simple and flawless. I love this system <3

aiya just don't complain anymore and start appealing. the system is here to help u, cause if u make a mistake u have to appeal for, you most likely won't do it again.

then you might say

but how? i need leave server halfway the i type !sub and no one subs me!

beforehand you should now u need to go soon (eg dinner, school)

what if it is really sudden, just go, or wait for sub, or afk. i'm sure it won't be that bad if you tell your team beforehand.

How can you demand respect when you do not show basic respect for the community and the players in the server by reading and following the rules?

There are numerous reminders to read the rules, in the Steam group and in the servers themselves.

An administrator bans a player for not having read and broken the rules. What exactly is wrong here?

Ok......

1) New players dun read rules and jump in to PUGs. Technically its fine, cos there are nice regular puggers who remind new players and teach them a few pointers and such. But if these new players dun listen and just go with  what they think is right and ruin the pug... then we might as well call it a pub alr. Hence mr unknown, we have this ban system to keep the retards at bay. 

2) Grow some balls and show us who u are. Reason to do so that admins might help u wif ur ban despite ur tone because the admins are nice people. (might not happen cos u seem to be so mad)

Lastly, talking like this won't help improve the system in afl. It makes u a laughing stock. :/

Edit: Dun think u have the right to call people like nata and spammah retards. Just like floaty said. without them afl would not be here today

Edited by ´DreamNex^

Much better post... but you're assuming the pug admins go ban-crazy which is NOT the case. In fact, I urge you to go through the sourcebans list and pick out any of the bans I've done and I'll tell you exactly the reasoning behind each of those bans.

Ever since the f2p situation in TF2, there has been literally hundreds of ignorant casual players who just join pug servers without reading rules or guides or whatever and proceed to trash the pug games by bad offclassing, talking shit, going afk, quitting in the middle of games etc.

If you're the administrator running a pug network with an automated pug system, you'd be doing the same thing AF does.

Most of the AF pug admins don't ban by offenses or judgement, we ban by observing player intentions. And some of the admins are well experienced enough to tell in under 20 seconds of a player is intentionally being a douche or not.

This is my reasoning:

The game is called TEAM Fortress 2, not solo fortress 2 and I sure as fuck am not going to personally try to carry each and every pug team on my back just to have one troll/moron in the team fuck it up. If you're gonna bring the team down, I'm taking you down with me. If you're gonna intentionally be ignorant or a troll, I'm just gonna use my given admin access to kick you out and ensure some enjoyable quality games.

If you think the current ban system the AF admins have implemented sucks, why don't you propose an alternative solution then, one where the pug admins don't have to waste their time mollycoddling the players and vice versa?

If you STILL feel that strongly about the whole situation then by all means, let the flood of new-generation casual ignorant F2P players destroy the pug servers and turn it into Mokee's. Or maybe just make a new post and ask natapon to shut down the servers and the pug mod, which he's running from his own house and connection free of charge for the community. Playing on the servers is a privilege, not a right.

For what it's worth, I only have admin access in the pug servers, I'm not an AF admin.

Lastly, since you've exercised your right to call us names, I'm gonna exercise mine too.

You, are a retard.

• Like 2

lolololol kid these day ... hidding behind computer, talking trash , doing shit lololol
I am for sure that matured ppl never do crap like this. They either quit pug to play pub or make an appeal or add admin to ask about things

lolololol kid these day ... hidding behind computer, talking trash , doing shit lololol

I am for sure that matured ppl never do crap like this. They either quit pug to play pub or make an appeal or add admin to ask about things

True facts XD ^

True facts XD ^

Dream, SMB

You will be surprised.

Just take a look at politicians nowadays.

Bullshit are everyday :D

We have to tolerate it :D

Edited by CFB