This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
erio

Post AFLAN.SG Thread

I said abandoning post excluding the time that he had to play his games, I didn't expect him to cast all games, but for all the things he said to me when we were preparing for this LAN, he brushed me off of all the information I need about his casters so that I could at least give them a break that they deserved. "I'm handling the onsite casting" he gave me such confidence that he could get all his casters without problems. I should not have to find myself finding casters on that day itself.

and I applaud him and said "Thanks Puzz" at 3am in the morning, which was not hypocritical as he proclaimed and it was seriously sincere because who on earth would lie at that particular hour with no energy left, so please don't look over that. if I were unappreciative, I would go "fucking puzzled, you're shit, you deserved no thanks." but I didn't.

Lets be careful about airing dirty laundry in the eyes of the public.

Although it can be entertaining.

• Like 1

well as much as i love to read this giant wall of text between two lovers.. lets talk about more important stuff yeah?

Puzz...

I want my bandito pocket meal!!!! :)

and this is why russkan has the most swag xD

where did puzz and my laksa bought by aycan at 10am go to :(

OMG I'M SO SORRY I THREW IT AWAY ):

It was like 10.30pm and it looked very soggy (there was no laksa "zhi" left) and I thought no one would eat it!! I'm sorryyyyyy  :(

• Like 1

why no online casting? :[

Rufus really tried to get the twitch.tv stream up, but unfortunately it was too choppy. It kept buffering and it looked so pixelated ): If anyone knows a possible solution/alternative method, please post in the feedback thread! Thank you (:

rufus would make a great morning alarm :D

I pity the men that'll be under him in the army (Rufus pls make Officer Commando kthx)

The Homely Hobos played fantastic games. We were all so blown away by how well they played and fought to stay on each round. Really amazing job guys, you can only get better from here!

Sharkbait was beasting and it was so great to see all of them come together as a team even though they had no coms during one of their matches. Kudos to you for making 3rd place at LAN! Ry4n is SO calm when he plays it's insane. Saki, you're a lovely person who radiates positivity. Don't ever change (:

Coy, I apologize for making you guys wait so long for your matches and for the myriad of technical difficulty you had to go through  :( It was a pleasure watching you guys play and there's no doubt that you are a very strong team. Russkan, you exude leadership (even at 1am in the morning when I know you were exhausted because I saw you napping in one corner at one point) and the trust your entire team had in you is commendable and admirable.

6Kings, Rufus was your drill sergeant and all of you were his bitches  :D Pinkie Pie, your sentry kills were AMAZING!! I forgot who played spy but that pick on the med was gold (was it Pinkie again? haha). Summer, you're always amazing to me and I love you  :wub:  (SORRY FOR BIAS GUYS) Congratulations on being the Supreme Champion of AFLAN.SG (according to challonge when a tournament has run its course haha).

To Cuteman, Saki, Puzz, Rufus, Summer, Cleric, Madman, Russkan, Azazel and Bait who helped with the casting (and Candice who was the best camera woman & gfx designer  :D). Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart. Cuteman you deserve a medal. Your energy at 1am in the morning was still bouncing off the roof!

To nagy, thank you for being the photographer for the event!!! The pictures look amazing and hopefully will be up soon :D

To my organizing committee, thank you for keeping me sane. Cald, even though we roped you in last minute to help out with the servers, you did an amazing job. You really brought your A game. So thank you, for that. Erio, I know we've had trying times, but you handled the challenges that came your way despite everything that has happened. Also, thank you for taking on additional work load because you knew I had exams the past week.

To everyone who came, played, spectated and supported. You make me feel like the past few months were not a waste. I cannot thank you enough for that.

/okay i have edited this post 5 times already lol soz/

• Like 2

he screamed into my dream when i was napping at the back waiting for them to end their finals. it was scary.

anyway, to just end the argument on my part, I apologize for having said that in mumble yesterday at a spur of a moment of feeling goddamn angry at him for some particular reason, but I would not take back what i said to him on this thread. I don't want to continue. 

I apologized to the players as well, it was bloody rude of me on that day for shouting, but it was really difficult for me to talk to everyone because I'm afraid people can't hear what I have to say and because I have to keep everything on schedule, I keep being afraid of time and afraid that my players don't get their time to get ready, .. warm up and such, but after a few hours, I just decided that, there's nothing I can do to keep it on time and just let them take their time. there is really no point of rushing if everything is not properly run.

the photos are with me, I will make an album and post it up as soon as possible, I will also post on facebook, so please keep in touch, it will take a while, so bear with me.

I said abandoning post excluding the time that he had to play his games, I didn't expect him to cast all games, but for all the things he said to me when we were preparing for this LAN, he brushed me off of all the information I need about his casters so that I could at least give them a break that they deserved. "I'm handling the onsite casting" he gave me such confidence that he could get all his casters without problems. I should not have to find myself finding casters on that day itself.

and I applaud him and said "Thanks Puzz" at 3am in the morning, which was not hypocritical as he proclaimed and it was seriously sincere because who on earth would lie at that particular hour with no energy left, so please don't look over that. if I were unappreciative, I would go "fucking puzzled, you're shit, you deserved no thanks." but I didn't.

1) Maybe if the original setup for casting that I had proposed and requested was actually provided, we could have had 2 people sharing the casting load per match instead of one guy going at it solo. This would have greatly reduced the fatigue of my casting team and they would have been able to cast more matches. I dont expect you to understand this until you've tried casting as its not the easiest of jobs. #Mindblown

2) Maybe if you had taken my proposals during the LAN on how to keep to the scheduled timings and minimize the delays the event would not have stretched to 3am instead of ending at 9pm. You would not have faced a shortage of casters if you were not so stubborn and resistant to intelligence. Most of the original people we had lined up to cast were too tired or had already gone home by the time the final matches were being played. Therefore kindly do not blame me for the lack of casters but take some responsibility. #Mindblown2

3) Maybe if you took to talking to people nicely instead of treating them like they are your servants, more people would be willing to help you. #Mindblown3

4) Maybe if you had taken more of the time you spent worrying pre event about my casting team and directed it to organizing, the problems which led to the shortage of casters would never have surfaced. #Mindblownomgmakeitstop

==========================================================================

Erio: Puzzled go make the teams ready up they cant hear me they are wearing headphones.

Puzzled: ok pass me the mike I will get them to ready up

Erio: No go approach 24 players individually because I will not pass you the microphone

Puzzled: Why dont you just pass me the microphone and I will have them all readied up in 2 seconds

Erio: No I want you to do as I say because I am Erio and its my mike

Puzzled: Ok whatever ( Walks Away )

(Erio screams into mike for 5 mins fruitlessly)

(Teams take additional 10 mins just to ready up)

#Mindblown #WAF

=======================================================================================

Edited by Morgan
  • Like 1

lol nice story :) I'm done with you.

oh sorry, here's an edit, I asked you personally who is your partner so I could make get some knowledge so that I can help you in places you needed, but no. you shut me down and said that I have control issues. secondly, you proposed? YOU PROPOSED? you gotta be kidding me. please. I heard nothing from you, maybe because you REFUSE to talk to me about anything which was.. entirely YOUR problem. I had NO PROBLEM with you, in fact I was GLAD that you wanted to help with casting, but when I came to you and asked you, you shut me down. I want to know, because I have to know because so that I know what's going on with every side of the LAN.

this LAN came about because we sat at KFC after soccer and you suddenly said "NATA, MAKE LAN, let erio organized." that alone can tell how much responsibility you just thrown to someone without even thinking twice, and I bloody ran a poll, THE FIRST poll about having a LAN. it was only me, there was no benny, no marion, no cameron.. no nothing, it was only me and nnnta on technical side. IMPOSSIBLE. plus the response from the community was so bad, we had to scrap the idea.

then summer approached me again. SUMMER DID. did you? the one who had this BRILLIANT IDEA. instead SUMMER approached me about the LAN,  and look at us now.

you don't dare say "Maybe if the original setup for casting that I had proposed and requested was actually provided," DON'T FUCKING BULLSHIT ME, WHEN YOU YOURSELF DIDN'T EVEN WANNA SHARE YOUR SIDE because you think I had control issues. you had no fucking clue what I wanted to do so I could take the fucking load off you. You didn't even give me a chance to. Yes I said "I need to know" because I FUCKING NEED TO KNOW. I'm supposed to organized, HOW THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO ORGANIZE WHEN WE HAVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO SUPPOSE TO BE MATURE ENOUGH TO SET ASIDE DIFFERENCES TO WORK TOGETHER. so who the fuck is at fault.

2) Maybe if you had taken my proposals during the LAN on how to keep to the scheduled timings and minimize the delays the event would not have stretched to 3am instead of ending at 9pm. You would not have faced a shortage of casters if you were not so stubborn and resistant to intelligence. Most of the original people we had lined up to cast were too tired or had already gone home by the time the final matches were being played. Therefore kindly do not blame me for the lack of casters but take some responsibility. #Mindblown2

what did you say to me? nothing.

3) Maybe if you took to talking to people nicely instead of treating them like they are your servants, more people would be willing to help you.

I did not and I never did. maybe to you I did, and I apologized, but to my part, after all the shit, you deserved nothing nicer from me.

4) Maybe if you had taken more of the time you spent worrying pre event about my casting team and directed it to organizing, the problems which led to the shortage of casters would never have surfaced. #Mindblownomgmakeitstop

please, don't bullshit with me. who left the discussion group on whatssap? was it me? no. it was you. I was worry for the right reasons, because there were no news from you, I had to go thru rufus for the information. why I wanted information? because I wanted to know how many caster you have so that none of you wont die casting but did you care? DID YOU CARE TO LISTEN TO WHAT I WANTED TO SAY? no. nada. why? because again you proclaimed I had control issues.

Erio: Puzzled go make the teams ready up they cant hear me they are wearing headphones.

Puzzled: ok pass me the mike I will get them to ready up

Erio: No go approach 24 players individually because I will not pass you the microphone

Puzzled: Why dont you just pass me the microphone and I will have them all readied up in 2 seconds

Erio: No I want you to do as I say because I am Erio and its my mike

Puzzled: Ok whatever ( Walks Away )

(Erio screams into mike for 5 mins fruitlessly)

(Teams take additional 10 mins just to ready up)

#Mindblown #WAF

I admit it was stupid of me to ask you. could have just let your brilliant hands hold it and got them ready in two. 

to you, I might be stupid, but I don't give a shit, but at least I tried to work with you. At least I put aside our differences to try and work together but you brushed me aside and shut me down with your so called "issues" and you dare say "you don't say hi to me anymore" in the morning? seriously? hi to you? you expected a 'hi' from me. I feel so honored.

YOU WANT A SECOND POST PUZZLED?

YOU NEVER SHARED ANYTHING WITH ME THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE PLANNING, SO DON'T YOU DARE SAY YOU TRIED.

you always got the swago clovis.

and that's enough of arguing, if this opens any further, more drama would just come rolling over.

Thank you guys :) and I apologized for this huge verbal expression of feelings.