Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
bunnyybeast

Friendly TF2 Tournament Hosted by B@conCrew

"first to 5 round wins"

??

do you have server configs setup for this?

We're gonna be using servers that run the Asia fortress cfg like TWF, AFL, OAG etc Edited by bunnyybeast

We're gonna be using servers that run the Asia fortress cfg like TWF, AFL, OAG etc

Shouldn't you be getting permission to use these servers or any others for competition use? ._."

We're gonna be using servers that run the Asia fortress cfg like TWF, AFL, OAG etc

That's not the AF rule set. AF is 30 mins difference of 5 rounds.

gpit and freight

are we in stone age lol?

EDIT1: what is the main platform for information exchange? steam groups?

what method should be used to submit scores?

EDIT2: can give a clearer definition of 6v6 rules?

Hi all, we are just hosting a small tournament to further promote 6v6 competition in asia, specifically where we are from (china), where players are just developing the intuitive to try 6v6 :)

For now, because we are not as adept with information exchange technology, steam groups and informing either Bunnybeast, LDR, or I to submit scores, along with some form of evidence such as screenshots (even agreement between both team captains upon match outcome) will do.

Because of the variety of servers we're using, the class limits and weapon whitelist shall depend on the server the teams agree on using, most servers running an AFL configuration. I originally intended in using first to 5 round win to determine the winning team, but upon a second check, it seems like most servers will be using difference of 5, so I would agree with you Shounic upon using that system instead. 

the rules of 6v6 competition are reasonably flexible, following similar style to PUGS (the match style). 

More information is posted here:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/baconcrewcommunity#announcements/detail/1874919841646660224

And for those interested here is the team registration page:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/baconcrewcommunity#announcements/detail/1874919841648906749

I'm under the assumption that you guys are more experienced in managing 6v6 competition, so any help would be appreciated! thanks :D

So sorry, gtg for dinner now, thanks all of you!

good luck jumpyjordan, good initiative developing the chinese community.

we do have a chinese forum here http://asiafortress.com/forums/index.php?/forum/82-%E9%A6%99%E6%B8%AF-%E5%8F%B0%E7%81%A3/

it would be ideal if you would invite all the chinese players there as we provide a central meeting place allowing you to keep everything consistent.

i'm assuming that your tournament is intended primarily for the chinese players to pick up competitive 6's.

• Like 1

Thanks for the support nata! We would really appreciate any guidance that you would be able to give us as we're not as experienced in organising as you. As for this competition, we've tried to gather not only players that are new to tf2 and are in China, but we've also gathered severals teams throughout SEA, Korea and Japan. It would be a pleasure for your team to take part in our competition.  :D