This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Jopperstaluf

weapon whitlelist

Yes the new killstreak weapons come under Upgradeable TF_WEAPON_ so that isn't hard to implement.

​The current whitelist has strange weeps in general banned but not botkillers.

In terms of non linear do you mean things like the bazaar bargain black box and conqueror?

Yes the new killstreak weapons come under Upgradeable TF_WEAPON_ so that isn't hard to implement.

​The current whitelist has strange weeps in general banned but not botkillers.

In terms of non linear do you mean things like the bazaar bargain black box and conqueror?

yup

*cough* loose cannon *cough*

so me and my friends were talking and we was wondering if we could make the whitleist alil less more linear. prolly implement ugc's whitelist?

Not happening.

About the killstreak weapons, we shall see.

why would you still want to have such strict weapon rules?

Because we have yet to see a single benefit from allowing ridiculous, gimmicky weapons into the game "for the lulz". As good(in terms of unique mechanics) as weapons like the quick-fix are, most of them are far from balanced, and Valve seems to have no intention of balancing them for 6v6 now, or in the near future.

If/when Valve finally confirm their intent to implement an in-game 6v6/HL lobby system or CS:GO-esque spectator features, with the condition that leagues/servers use their pick-ban system for unlocks we would consider using a "unified" ruleset.

can we allow the conscientious objector too? I have this image on it and want it to be seared into people's minds.

http://cheezburger.com/658206976

It should be allowed as it's simply a cosmetic replacement for all classes except engy and spy, but I'll look into that.

• Like 2

Because we have yet to see a single benefit from allowing ridiculous, gimmicky weapons into the game "for the lulz". As good(in terms of unique mechanics) as weapons like the quick-fix are, most of them are far from balanced, and Valve seems to have no intention of balancing them for 6v6 now, or in the near future.

quick fix is still debate-able in 6s but i do believe most of the players who plays in the UGC 6s league (or even highlander) who play with or against quick-fix knows how to counter/use if effectively and i don't believe it's much of a game breaker imo. Unlocks isn't as bad as they seem because at least we can see some fresh new meta and style of pushes/hold been made by the team with the creativity of the team that uses the certain unlocks.

Like in NA most roamers have a certain liking and a style towards blackbox (e.g Mangachu/remedy). Is it op? maybe but it is counter-able? yes it is. Why don't you give the players and teams to come up with some creativity and better ways to play the game with a lesser strict unlock?

Like the game iT vs. Mix Up in Metalworks. We saw Lansky going buff banner and trying to push last. Was it OP? Was it gay? Did it actually effected the game? Most viewers we somewhat shock but we enjoyed the fresh idea that iT tried to exploit Mix Up's defence. I'm not saying allow every single unlocks like cow-mangler or pompson and stuff all i'm saying is at least use UGC 6's benchmark of item white-list to bring in fresh ideas in the game.

It's understandable it might lead to even gayer pick up games then we already have but then again that is a whole different topic

• Like 1

Fully aware but in this case of the killstreak weapons they are literally classified as just the "stranges" in the game. they've been banned for a while so it can't hurt ticking that right? :o

It's understandable it might lead to even gayer pick up games then we already have but then again that is a whole different topic

I would be genuinely fearful of some pugs thinking about this now ._.

• Like 3

we haven't said no to the new "reskins". Just be patient and let them work it out. Natapon has been busy lately and he's the only one with server access iirc.

regarding unbanning new weapons, the quickfix was so dumb on gullywash mids as you could see from ESEA. It caused so many stalemates too. You might be bored, but other people seem to be fine with our current unlock system. If you are really that insistent and confident in these new unlocks you can create a new topic and let the community decide for themselves then.

• Like 2

regarding unbanning new weapons, the quickfix was so dumb on gullywash mids as you could see from ESEA. It caused so many stalemates too.

quickfix is bad and gay to go against i admit that. I personally got frustrated at first but quickfix vs. quickfix brought some fresh perspestive to the game and me and my friends we kinda happy with it. It caused stalemates it's because its a new meta and teams were newly adapting to it. If you're referring to the boring LAN in gully it's because gully is a hard map to push regardless especially last especially for high level teams and smart/experienced players.

If you are really that insistent and confident in these new unlocks you can create a new topic and let the community decide for themselves then.

isn't this why i created this thread tho? to suggest to the community and admins about new weapon whitelist or you're saying i should make a new post in general discussion?

• Like 2

Hello hummingbirds!

Here be the updated whitelists for review!

Hope they are tidy enough :D

6v6

https://www.dropbox....m_whitelist.txt

9v9

https://www.dropbox....m_whitelist.txt

For 6v6 and HL :x

Posted in other section but in case no one reads it :x

Every single hat up to date, no change in weapon whitelist until someone gives final word :D

isn't this why i created this thread tho? to suggest to the community and admins about new weapon whitelist or you're saying i should make a new post in general discussion?

Yes.

There hasn't been enough community input to trigger admin backroom chat about altering the weapon list. Make a new post and get more diverse opinions on the matter from the community. We cannot change whitelist just because you want to.

----

BTW nata has stated before he doesn't like strange weapons. His opinion may still be the same...

http://asiafortress.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2983-why-dont-the-servers-count-strange-kills/

Yes.

There hasn't been enough community input to trigger admin backroom chat about altering the weapon list. Make a new post and get more diverse opinions on the matter from the community. We cannot change whitelist just because you want to.

What makes you say that there's not been enough community input? It's not anyone's fault they don't want to post in here. I'm not saying i want this and you guys SHOULD change it because I want too. I put this in the SUGGESTION thread for a reason as i'm giving MY SUGGESTION. The community can navigate in here and read here and post here. I don't see the reason why i should make another post. This is a suggestion thread where suggestions are giving to improve and help the community so i'm giving my input based on after talking to few people.

What makes you say that there's not been enough community input? It's not anyone's fault they don't want to post in here. I'm not saying i want this and you guys SHOULD change it because I want too. I put this in the SUGGESTION thread for a reason as i'm giving MY SUGGESTION. The community can navigate in here and read here and post here. I don't see the reason why i should make another post. This is a suggestion thread where suggestions are giving to improve and help the community so i'm giving my input based on after talking to few people.

There's been >5 people so far who've actually said anything about the current unlock list. Yeah, it's fine to suggest things, lol. What are you on about? My point was that if change was to happen there needs to be more people expressing their opinion on the matter so admins would know what the overall community actually wants. something lesser like strange weapons is okay, the admins will talk it out. But a unlock list change is quite drastic, and would affect everyone in different ways.

you can create a new topic and let the community decide for themselves then.

/looks at topic name

so me and my friends were talking and we was wondering if we could make the whitleist alil less more linear. prolly implement ugc's whitelist?

щ(゜ロ゜щ)

• Like 1