This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
k1infran

k1infran - Scout Mentor (EDIT: NO LONGER MENTORING)

Hey everyone.

I used to be a Div 1 scout but am currently now a regular pug player. I've realised that the AF community is growing but lacking in guidance. There are players who has not read any threads in this sub-forum while others are unable to get further help beyond reading guides.

With that, I'm going to be taking a few Core mentees for 1 to 1 training, I will highlight their strengths and improve on their weaknesses. For whatever reason that I'm unable to take everyone, you may tune in to the stream to listen. I may not be one of the better scouts in TF2 but we'll just have to deal with that. smile.png

The stream I refer to will be on: http://www.twitch.tv/k1infran

This will be on a weekly basis and with time, you will improve enough to comprehend why I rage in pugs. Heh tongue.png

Oh btw, I welcome all divisions of players as long as you fit the following criteria

What you will experience:

- Friend list for 1 on 1 Q&A.
- Pick a few best replays of the week, and we will go through together.
- If I'm free, you may request me to spectate live.
- You will learn how I play in PUGs/Scrims. (Mostly PUGs as I do not have a team)
- I MAY include other classes but not too confident atm.
- You MAY be streamed on twitch.tv IF I receive too many requests. (highly unlikely)

What I need from you:

- 101% EFFORT during this.
- Willingness to improve.
- Take your own initiative to record demos.
- If possible, find out your weaknesses beforehand so we may work them out faster.

As much as I do not like putting a roof above players, I personally believe there is a potential limit in everyone. Thus, once I feel I am unable to give anymore advices, you will be Graduated.

If this is what you have been looking for, you're welcome to leave your name in this thread and add me directly on steam http://steamcommunity.com/id/k1infran/

Once chosen you will be notified directly through steam smile.png

• Like 9

2low lvl to get mentored by you. will tune in to ur twitch streams in mentoring (if it happens)

I don't think anyone is "2low lvl". I started 1 month of TF2 before I was pushed into Division 1. Its how quickly you can pick up the game.

I've spoken with a couple of you, for those that have added me on steam, feel free to discuss your difficulties playing scout through pm. I can also come on AF mumble. Would like to help more Division 2-3 people and push you guys to Division 1 standards in hopes that our PUGs will be more exciting. #scout4carry #scout4life (:

• Like 1

Yo people, for those approaching me please get some demos ready. Scrims if possible, otherwise, pugs with your best performance. Don't want to fill my friend list with strangers and will remove/ignore without warning (:

More than half of you added me with questions but no demos, I can answer them, but it is best with a "case-study" provided.

F.A.Q

How to improve my aim?! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF~ T_T

My way of training aim is probably different from most of the players I know, which is MGE. I think MGE is very 1v1-ish and in most matches, you don't get much opportunities for that to happen. HOWEVER, MGE 's aim is by far the simplest way to take down players which leads to an advantage in most TF2 matches.

Personally, I prefer going to public servers with a ton of players, play the class you want to train and kill as much as 15 in one respawn. Through this method, you'll encounter all sorts of ridiculous situations that requires you to think on the spot. You'll learn not to rely on Medic for heals (because you'll most likely have none), look for your own med kits and most importantly, understand the capabilities of each class. In time, you'll know how to deal with a jumping soldier, a sniper half the map away or even a pocket heavy combo as scout.

I hope you guys don't just ask me questions and put them into practice.

Mentor me pls! Im desperate to be a great scout player by 2014! However i am only free after my exams, but after tat ill be able to put in my 101% best at scout!

The couple of you that added me since the start of this topic, if by now you have not given me a demo (that isn't laggy) for review, you'll be removed by the end of this week.

I shouldn't be the one asking you for demos to review.

I cancelled the recent scrim to attend the AFA on saturday:C and our next scrim is next week and i'll be away for a trip:C

if only i can download my POV's from the demo logging.... i'm stuck with a dilemma here:C

recording your pov is your responsibility, you can re-add once you got the demo ready.

Phew~~~ I thought I could never contact you. Thanks<3

bump this thread, am still willing to help out newcomers... please don't go pug games looking like noobs and give yourself a bad name to start off in Asiafortress (:

+1 bump. Seriously guys, get your shit sorted and add him on Friends and get your lessons. Don't miss out on rare opportunities like this, don't procrastinate and hope to get mentors the next time around (whenever that is). Step forward and let k1infran help you.

k1 I added u cos I got a few problems, movement and mid ranging, I pugging a lot and may have a bunch of demos.... but I need to look thru. and I can be rather in consistent with my aim.. pls help already added u into friends :D

• Like 1