This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Summer

Yuki's demo review - Summer

Guys, i highly recommend you watch this vod of a demo Yuki reviewed for me (thanks alot man).

I would like to highlight that one of the most basic strats we lack in our SG scene is the transition play. We absolutely blow at that. What we should be doing is moving off any slight advantage instead of point-whoring/delaying Also, believe in your dm to make non-uber pushes if you believe that you have hp/ammo/position. Every player counts and ever second matters as the enemy will get spawners/build uber.

Just think about what advantages having a certain player down will have:

- Enemy 2 scouts down, Our scouts just overwhelm them if they're in a shit position, or take as much ground as possible. Combo will only need to worry about their roamer but smart positioning or awareness by your own team scouts will nullify that threat.

Another typical example of playing smart:

- We kill their med. The most obvious instinct for the enemy team is to suicide ours to reset the ubers. Get your med to cover, or a position which is sort of forward but easy to escape, and advance while watching the flanks.

Anyway here's the VOD:

http://www.twitch.tv/yookstah/b/406671631

Fast forward to 1:00:00

• Like 5

Really interesting watching the same game from your pov, learnt a few things too.

The disjointedness he pointed out is really one of the biggest issues many teams face I think, sure we were a pick-up group but I think some pushes just weren't made with proper comms of who wanted who where.

The second issue raised which I think wasn't limited to that match but our scene in general is missing good opportunities to push and holding too far up when we shouldnt because of the pug habit of trying to get forward picks.

As for the tunnel vision of demo/med, I can't comment because I don't really know how to play any of the heavy classes but I've always felt that it was more important to kill things that are nearer to you since they pose a greater immediate threat. Generally speaking I think its safe to say our pug demos/roamers need to wake up and pay more attention to helping their scouts so we can be free to 'frame' the enemy combo forcing them to choose between being surrounded then dying or being forced into spam then dying. Most of our SEA scouts are stuck in the herp derp dm under badlands midcap phase because they've never had a chance to understand what their role is. As mentioned in the VOD, scouts get better the longer the fight goes on (because of their easy reloading and hard-to-deny repositioning) but most players seem more interested in randomly discharging 6 shots ASAP on a target that doesn't need to be shot at then going back to spawn and blaming the new guy in the team for being shit.