This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Pink

Lf mentor

I'm not sure if this the right place for this post but, i'm looking for a mentor to improve my 6's play i have been playing pugs and scrims for a awhile but, i think i hit the plateau of my skills
I really wanna improve my gamesense and all that. mainly looking for a high level scout mentor, i'm also leaning into demo so a mentor on demo would also be nice..

• Like 1

Im also looking for a mentor... Where do i post? I also think ive hit the plateau of skills i can achieve by myself. Im mostly looking for a soldier mentor who is good at airstrafing :)

Im also looking for a mentor... Where do i post? I also think ive hit the plateau of skills i can achieve by myself. Im mostly looking for a soldier mentor who is good at airstrafing :)

Air strafing is not only crucial for soldiers, it is also as well for all other classes (so you can avoid getting airshotted or just surf your way to safety).

I would say almost everyone is able to air strafe, and it is not difficult to learn it by yourself. Saw you try to register for AFA in the other thread, so I highly doubt that the plateau of skills you are able to achieve by yourself is only this. Try watching some videos of competitive 6s play on youtube, and understand the individual roles of each class. There are a few useful guides on this site as well.

What I'm trying to say is, please don't give up on trying to improve by yourself. Saying that you've reached the plateau of skills you can achieve by yourself even before you tried playing competitively is just... ridiculous. I'm not trying to diss on you or anything, but it feels to me that you're just too lazy to get started on your own.

• Like 4

I can airstrafe but im just not too good at sharp turns that ive seen being done - there lies my problem

Also, given that i do not usually have regular access to a mouse, I really do feel i have reached a plateau.

I can airstrafe but im just not too good at sharp turns that ive seen being done - there lies my problem

Also, given that i do not usually have regular access to a mouse, I really do feel i have reached a plateau.

Sharp turns can be done by holding duck + A or D, and then turning your mouse in that direction. The faster you turn, the sharper you will strafe, but there is a limit to the extremeness of your strafing angle, and you have to experiment yourself to find out just how sharply you can strafe. I recommend practising on jump maps (though some will disagree with me), but some beginner stages really do require you to perform basic air strafes and turns. Practise on that stage till you can do it easily.

Having no access to a mouse, well, that's a whole different story. It's one of the basic necessities to a FPS PC game I guess, but I do know of a roamer who uses his laptop trackpad to play (not very well for that matter). Right now I'm assuming you play using a laptop, unless you use a PS controller wired to your PC or something like that which you did not state.

As for myself, my mouse is an old piece of shit that came free with the second computer I had 14 years ago. The mouse 1 button drops out at times when I press too hard on it, the trackball has to be cleaned occasionally (yes, my mouse has a ball), and sometimes it just goes haywire and my view pans to the sky or starts spinning like crazy for no reason till I shake the mouse to regain control. Still, having a shitty mouse is better than having no mouse at all. Just purchase a basic and cheap one by yourself and use it.

PS: I'm definitely not a person able to suggest a pro gaming mouse for you.

• Like 1

This statement alone is proof that you have not, in fact, reached the TF2-skill limits of your own personal experience and innovation/experimentation/exploration also called a skill ceiling or the liberally thrown around term 'plateau'.

tl;dr Buy a mouse, raise your own skill ceiling without external help. External help won't/can't help a guy with no mouse.

Source: guy who played FPS using mice, gamepads, joysticks, styli, trackpads, trackballs and even pistol grips for PC and eventually went back to using a mouse.

Also I would like to prescribe youtube videos + hours of your life practicing in empty servers.

Razer Deathadder. I myself got the fully black 3.5g version. Can consider the 2013 version.

It's a worthy investment.

Guest qjyap
Hidden

I personally use da, but I think g400 has best value for money. But the newer ones, they don't have angle snapping that the older ones do. Heard newest da has a slight sensor issue too

Guest qjyap

I personally use da, but I think g400 has best value for money. Buy the newer ones, they don't have angle snapping that the older ones do. Heard newest da has a slight sensor issue too

I personally use da, but I think g400 has best value for money. Buy the newer ones, they don't have angle snapping that the older ones do. Heard newest da has a slight sensor issue too

Agree with QJ on the G400, i use a razer abyssus but i had a G400 once. Its aboslutely perfect but NEVER buy the old ones. It has some wiring problem that causes you to be unable to control your player. Heard the newer one has that problem fixed though