Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
joe

AsiaFortress Presents - Community vs Pros Rules & FAQ

qJ1Ce.png

AsiaFortress Presents - Community vs Pros

(Rules & FAQs)

For the first time ever in Asia, we are bringing you one of the most exciting events ever. Welcoming Highlander into Asiafortress, this is a 9v6 game with the team of 9 chosen by you.

Yes, the entire Highlander team will be nominated and voted on by the community. You know the players the best - you've played with them, pubbed with them, formed teams with them. You know their calibre: the best Heavy in Asiafortress, the best 360 no-scope sniper, the crazy medic who can juggle between 8 other players effectively. You know who they are, and now you are giving them the opportunity to shine. The 'team of 9' should be comprised of people from the whole of the Asian TF2 scene, so watch out for the players that can perform consistently and nominate them!

The other team - the team of 6 - will be a team that has been unstoppable, charging forward like a bullet train. They are headed into the battlefield against 9 players, which means they need to do more, which naturally means they aren't noobs like me.

The event will be held early-December, but we are announcing this to you guys now to get you hyped up and all that. From now onwards, you have 1 week to nominate who you think should play for the team of 9. Pyro, Scout, Soldier, Engineer, all classes. Throw out some names, and it will be put into a vote in no time.

Yes, you can nominate and vote for yourself.

This of course will be moderated so that people who actually know the game well will be playing. You cannot be a scrub.

Oh, and why should you play? Because there are prizes. Not prizes for the team that wins, but prizes for everyone who participated, including the viewers. Hats, keys and other miscellaneous items that do not include a flying cow are in my backpack now waiting for you guys to redeem them! There will be raffles held for the viewers too!

Remember, this is not a war between highlander and 6's! If anything at all, you guys should be more bonded as a community. By playing with a 9's team against a 6's team, you learn more about how the other format works and vice versa. Hey, you might never play highlander or 6's but this would be the closest to getting to battle it out with a team from the other format.

So start screaming the names of people even if it is yourself! The nominating ends on 17th November, so don't procrastinate and wait till the last minute and realize this golden opportunity is gone!.

Please do not nominate people in this thread! This is only meant for general discussion.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event starts on : 7th of December in the evening, GMT+8

more details TBA

This post has been promoted to an article

@ QJ who posted on nomination thread:

The reason why I feel ppl are nominating for themselves is cause u rlly expect them to know about others ppl's schedule in December? Of course not, this is an online game, so it isn't surprising most people just nominate themselves, unless u have close friends IN the SVF and AF community whom u know so well that u know their holidays plans etc.

So what if we have the 2nd and 3rd most voted players be subs so that there'll be a higher chance that someone can fill the class? If bio is right this should promote more nominations.

So what if we have the 2nd and 3rd most voted players be subs so that there'll be a higher chance that someone can fill the class? If bio is right this should promote more nominations.

Yeap! There would be only 1 substitution in any case for the players. This event would replace the weekly Highlander mix that takes place on Friday. If there are enough people to sign up for the highlander mix (never been postponed) I think there should be enough people signing up for this! It is also the holidays for most Highlander regulars.

So in that case should you remove the 'must be free on first week' rule to nomination?

If we follow that, we'll have to go through the process of asking anyone who we want to nominate if they're free, making it much more troublesome to nominate.

I guess this was what I meant when I suggested getting subs - to remove this limit to promote nominations.

So in that case should you remove the 'must be free on first week' rule to nomination?

If we follow that, we'll have to go through the process of asking anyone who we want to nominate if they're free, making it much more troublesome to nominate.

I guess this was what I meant when I suggested getting subs - to remove this limit to promote nominations.

I can't be having 5 people vying for one class also. This is where the voting will come in next week, another filter to see who is more fit to play the class. If the first choice isn't free on the first week, then the second choice will be the one playing instead. Don't worry about it being too troublesome, I'll assist you guys. They just have to be available on the first week of December. If something crops up there is always someone out there to play instead!

I'm not having a first-come-first-serve signup system as it would be unfair to the players who want to play but are not able to check the forums during the signup week. It also means that any random person could just sign up to play. Yes, I could follow the CVP standard by checking their hours played on the class but it is much more tedious and this is a community event! So yeah.

There are a lot of ppl nominating pros, aeta hcaz etc, this is gonna be the community side right? Hope these ppl realize the best we should nominate for the community side are pubstars/Div 3 ppl

the admins will balance the team out. There will be an equal number of pros, pubbers, puggers etc etc in the same team.

I'm curious about the ban list for CVP, because some weapons that are allowed in highlander will really be OP against a 6s cookie-cutter team

e.g. wrangler, maybe natascha

So it will be balanced, but more of the lower skilled on the 9 side right? ( cause if not then gg lol ).

We will look into that. We cannot have 9 pro players against 6 pro players. A 3 man advantage does crazy things.

We also can't have 6 pro players against 9 pubbers. They will have a ruptured asshole by the time the event ends.

I'm curious about the ban list for CVP, because some weapons that are allowed in highlander will really be OP against a 6s cookie-cutter team

e.g. wrangler, maybe natascha

Yes, there will be custom configs created for the event itself as this is not a 9V9 or a 6V6 event. It is a 9V6 event which means there will be weapons not viable in gameplay.

We will look into that. We cannot have 9 pro players against 6 pro players. A 3 man advantage does crazy things.

We also can't have 6 pro players against 9 pubbers. They will have a ruptured asshole by the time the event ends.

You must be new, the last time AF did a pros vs pubs, the pubs won. 6 Pros are not gonna ream out a team of 9 good pubbers, atleast not everytime.

You must be new, the last time AF did a pros vs pubs, the pubs won. 6 Pros are not gonna ream out a team of 9 good pubbers, atleast not everytime.

Wow the past is so interesting and relevant.

Tell me again, how have the times changed from then to now? I was very much aware of the Pubs vs Pros that took place here in AF.

Right now the team of 6 is a solid team, not a Division 3 team that was formed 2 days ago. They have the chemistry and game sense to make things work. The team of 9, they won't even know who they are playing with till 2 Saturdays later. Will they be given time to practice? Yeah. I've seen servers where just 2 players can spawn camp 12 people. Granted, that is a pub, but 6 of the best players in Asia against 9 probably above average players? In the past it might be different, but this is 2012.

Hope you understand that just because the team of 6 are used to classic vanilla and med unlocks, it doesn't mean that they will be using it during the game itself. I've already said - a custom config and whitelist would be created for the event. You think the team of 9 would be allowed the wrangler? Lol.

Sorry if this post makes me seem douchier than I already am, but I'm not one to sit aside and watch someone critic something and make predictions that would drive people away.

Tell me again, how have the times changed from then to now? I was very much aware of the Pubs vs Pros that took place here in AF.

Right now the team of 6 is a solid team, not a Division 3 team that was formed 2 days ago. They have the chemistry and game sense to make things work. The team of 9, they won't even know who they are playing with till 2 Saturdays later. Will they be given time to practice? Yeah. I've seen servers where just 2 players can spawn camp 12 people. Granted, that is a pub, but 6 of the best players in Asia against 9 probably above average players? In the past it might be different, but this is 2012.

Hope you understand that just because the team of 6 are used to classic vanilla and med unlocks, it doesn't mean that they will be using it during the game itself. I've already said - a custom config and whitelist would be created for the event. You think the team of 9 would be allowed the wrangler? Lol.

Sorry if this post makes me seem douchier than I already am, but I'm not one to sit aside and watch someone critic something and make predictions that would drive people away.

U R 2 Douche alr. Lol

...snipped.

The past is a good indication of where things are headed, all events aren't orthogonal.

Your post isn't offensive, in fact it shows the faith you have in the teams chemistry. Good stuff, here's hoping it makes for more fun games.

If anyone was discouraged by my original post, they need their heads examined.