welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
joe

twitch.tv/XSplit settings

Um hi.

This question is more of directed to nata/spammah/streamers in Asia but I guess anyone who knows something could help out too.

I was wondering what are the stats that Singaporeans should use if they want to stream something to twitch.tv via XSplit, as whenever I stream something the video on twitch is stuttering. I remember during the match between secret.tf2 & BAMF nata said something about "anas wasn't set to asia" (wtf is anas?!?!11).

It'll be highly appreciated if anyone could help out a little :\

lol I think you misheard that. Anas is my name. What he was saying was "Anas, it wasn't set to Asia" (the asian twitch stream server located in singapore). That's after me repeatedly telling nata to check the stream settings before we go live -_-

Streaming is a pretty straight-forward thing but get ready to tinker around with settings a LOT because that's what it is. It's a brain-dead experience where you've got to waste time and effort just to get the damn thing to stream smoothly. With that said, here are some general settings that should start you off:

1. Always update to the latest Xsplit. Puirchase a license if you can to get access to the GameSource feature.

2. Depending on the stream quality you want to use, for 240/360/480p you're looking at least 2 mbit upload. For 720p+, at least 3 mbit+ upload. For 1080p+, 4 mbit or higher.

3. If you're in the Asian region, use the Asia Backup server located in the TwitchTV settings

4. Use a stream fps rate of 30.00.

5. Remember, the more upload you set to stream in higher quality or whatever, your viewers will require the same bandwidth to play your stream (unless you're in the TwitchTV partnership programme which I am). So if you're uploading at 3mbit per second at 720p or whatever, then your viewer needs an internet connection of 3 mbit/sec download too. So always keep your viewers in mind whenever you stream stuff since not everyone has good bandwidth or high download.

6. Obviously you need a GOOD PC to stream. You're looking at a quad core setup with minimum 8 gb ram and fast hard disks etc etc.

That's about it really. If you need help with specific settings etc, hit me up in PM and I'll be happy to guide you.

• Like 1

"anas wasn't set to asia" (wtf is anas?!?!11).

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

just in case you don't know, most standard connections give an approx max 1 mbps upload speed unless you're on the $$$$$ plans or fibre. that's assuming your in SG that is.

guise stawwppit i had no id3a okaie.

On a side not my fibre's gonna be installed at the end of this month which means hopefully no more random disconnections from Starhub.

Sign in to follow this