This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
hcaz

AsiaFortress Academy

Not to anybody in particular, just those that love to troll pugs.... and it seems that it's the new players who put in more effort to play the game properly which is just sad

i hope that's not targeted at me :C

anyway, most of these new players (in my opinion) play the game for fun....asking them to suddenly make "hardcore" gaming a serious thing will cause many to become uncomfortable, take away the element of fun in pug's and they will surely not stay long.

i hope you all can give them more time to adapt to the reality of the scene

Eh, most people play fairly seriously. Some of the older players set a bad example by doing silly things because they can get away with them and still win.

How many new players like lonewolf will you see on average? I can't even think of anyone off the top of my head who will keep screwing around and not change class when a more experienced player tells them to.

On the other hand, I can name(but I won't) more than a few experienced players that will almost 100% offclass on a regular basis despite them being completely useless half the time.

Also, what Summer said.

Not to anybody in particular, just those that love to troll pugs.... and it seems that it's the new players who put in more effort to play the game properly which is just sad

i play pugs more seriously than scrims just because i want to get cool frags

everyone has their own agenda when playing their own game, but balance your idiocy when playing with other people at 3-4am because thats when people get sleepy and more groggy

tl;dr - don't be a dick

i play pugs more seriously than scrims just because i want to get cool frags

everyone has their own agenda when playing their own game, but balance your idiocy when playing with other people at 3-4am because thats when people get sleepy and more groggy

tl;dr - don't be a dick

Div, stop being so insightful, it's ruining your mr. cat identity.

what really worries me is that a lot of the afa players don't ask enough/the right questions. some don't have their tf2 setup well either and have obviously not been reading the guides.

I am new and wanted to know that my net connection is bad so if I PUG and i drop out or i am a medic and get stuck for like 10 Seconds in the middle of the fight or anthing like that then what happens.....

Will I be banned??

I am new and wanted to know that my net connection is bad so if I PUG and i drop out or i am a medic and get stuck for like 10 Seconds in the middle of the fight or anthing like that then what happens.....

Will I be banned??

Well, it really depends on how often you disconnect or lag out. You're not going to be banned for something like that, but you'll be less likely to be picked when there are few/no subs around, and people know you might disconnect.

As a medic, lagging for 10 seconds is pretty bad, but could be understandable as long as it doesn't happen more than once or twice per map.

• Like 1

Restart your modem, and if the problem still persists then you have to contact your ISP to replace the modem if it's issued by them.

i just browsed through the afa registration page, and so many people desire to learn like 3 different classes... i think everyone should start out with one class, then play from there... just starting comp and trying to pick up 3 classes is just gonna leave you shitting bricks on the sidewalk... also no one wants to be a medic </3

Thanks for the reply

well i lag spike like 12 times in an hour so it is pretty bad and i discconnect like 1 time per 4 hours so i think i should just let it go.....

Like Darkie said, try and get your ISP to resolve it if you can. Disconnecting once in 3-4 hours is pretty ok, but if you end up playing med in a pug, lagging out for 10 seconds 5-6 times per map is quite bad.

One core reason why teams are imbalanced is that afa medics/ players mostly like to stack teams with their friends. This leads to a team of players with the same relatively low skill level. Put that up against a more experienced pug player and bammmmmm.

I also agree with div and blame lonewolf.

Vote to ban fuzz

Thanks for the reply well i lag spike like 12 times in an hour so it is pretty bad and i discconnect like 1 time per 4 hours so i think i should just let it go.....

Like Darkie said, try and get your ISP to resolve it if you can. Disconnecting once in 3-4 hours is pretty ok, but if you end up playing med in a pug, lagging out for 10 seconds 5-6 times per map is quite bad.

i hope your isp hires skilled tech support, not africans who go "HURR DURR LEMME RESET YO' ROUTER"

Just curious but I heard from a few people that if I wanted to rejoin AFA I would be banned from playing any class except medic. If that's the case, do I put down Medic under the class desiring to learn part?

Yeah , like what Faruko said . Cause like him , me and Biotics have been regulars of the AFA and so when AFA was coming back , i heard from others that they said regulars like us are only allowed to play Medic at the moment.

Yeah , like what Faruko said . Cause like him , me and Biotics have been regulars of the AFA and so when AFA was coming back , i heard from others that they said regulars like us are only allowed to play Medic at the moment.

"At the moment" is incorrect. I'm not sure about Faruko, but both biotics and you have been regular enough in pugs to be classified as non-AFA eligible.

What this means is you play as a medic mentor, or can play medic if you want to be mentored as one and someone in mumble(spec) is doing the calling while spectating your(or your teammates) viewpoint.

Ahh okay , thank you very much fuzz , but for me , my demoman is really weak so it is possible for me to learn demoman roles in AFA ?

No, that's what normal pugs are for. Use your discretion and play demo when you're against a team that would be considered more of your level, overall.

How do i register in the thread for Asiafortress academy? The thread is locked... Im sorry for the trouble but im new to this. Also, how do i find out the number for my steam ID?

http://steamidfinder.com/

Use that to find your SteamID

And sorry, as registrations for Asiafortress Academy are closed and the season has already ended. You don't have to join AFA to start playing competitive, as you can just join us in our servers and start playing (provided that you have read the guides like the customizing one, the one on getting good, and the basics of competitive tf2).

Sign in to follow this