This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
termo

movement

I play demoman and want to take less damage in situations. I play too aggressively with disadvantage sometimes maybe thats my problem.

I could try using accel or a higher sensitivity. What do you guys think my options are?

I think it's simpler than that

for example if I asked another good player it wouldn't be something they even think about

players need to understand that MGE ruined tf2 and it does little to no help on improving your game.

you want to take less damage? put yourself in a position where your output damage is 2-3 times more than your input. once you do that constantly, try 4-5 times more output. experiment where you put yourself in fights, try different things.

read your opponents, try to be a few steps ahead of them. your initial damage is very important. decide quickly, once your initial damage has put them in a bad position, don't hesitate to follow up, call it for your team mates to help you mop. play aggressively with advantage.

Personally i think playing passive most of the time as demo is better cuz as long as your alive, u will have the presence and the enemy will always be scared of a sticky trap around any choke..

Maybe like what zach said, try playing less aggro and do abit less damage and work up from there.. eventually you will find the positioning which lets u put out good damage while taking little to none.

Personally i think playing passive most of the time as demo is better cuz as long as your alive, u will have the presence and the enemy will always be scared of a sticky trap around any choke..

Maybe like what zach said, try playing less aggro and do abit less damage and work up from there.. eventually you will find the positioning which lets u put out good damage while taking little to none.

^ This. Don't play every pug like a solo hero just because you see all the other pugtards doing it. Play passive and focus on staying alive and doing damage and slowly work your way up from there. Have a second experimental mindset too where you wanna try going balls out and see how much damage you do or how fast you die etc.

Also, the sensitivity is really up to you. Use whatever sens feels comfortable. A very high sens doesn't mean you will hit every nade or perfectly place every sticky.

i personally don't like passive play-style in any regard. an agro demoman doing the damage he should be doing, getting into a good position is far better than have a passive demoman just waiting for something to happen. you should be the one making shit happen, open up opportunities for your team. demoman has so much damage output compared to any other class in tf2.

that's how summer became a nobody demoman in masterful and then becoming a problem for xvo.

This is good discussion. The greatest threat to a demo i find are enemy scouts, because if they get close enough to you they will either kill you or force a suicide. They also distract you from more important things like focusing down the enemy combo so they will not be able to +fwd you in those situations.

What i'd do is to hug my team's combo and spam air det stickies from afar, but pre-sticky if there's scout threat. I maximise damage by slowly outmuscling them into a bad position, and i create room for my scouts/soldiers to do work. If they're the ones making distractions, sticky jump in or +fwd to damage them as much as possible.

Everything mostly boils down to being in better positions than the opposition

i personally don't like passive play-style in any regard. an agro demoman doing the damage he should be doing, getting into a good position is far better than have a passive demoman just waiting for something to happen. you should be the one making shit happen, open up opportunities for your team. demoman has so much damage output compared to any other class in tf2.

that's how summer became a nobody demoman in masterful and then becoming a problem for xvo.

This is good discussion. The greatest threat to a demo i find are enemy scouts, because if they get close enough to you they will either kill you or force a suicide. They also distract you from more important things like focusing down the enemy combo so they will not be able to +fwd you in those situations.

What i'd do is to hug my team's combo and spam air det stickies from afar, but pre-sticky if there's scout threat. I maximise damage by slowly outmuscling them into a bad position, and i create room for my scouts/soldiers to do work. If they're the ones making distractions, sticky jump in or +fwd to damage them as much as possible.

Everything mostly boils down to being in better positions than the opposition

Yup and yup. Do take into account however that if you're playing in Asia, you WILL be playing more pugs than scrims. And the current pug scene is 90% puggers who focus only on DM and 10% who play with a proper tactical scrimming mentality so slowly working your way up from passive to aggressive style demoman is much better than playing a smart-aggro demoman initially and dying because your DM pug teammates don't cover your ass and you spend your time raging etc.

I should have prefaced this in my first post to make it clearer, my bad.

Yeah i really hate playing demo in pugs because i'm reliant on teamwork and that's rarely seen in pugs. I'd rather just soldier/scout and practice personal skills such as aim/movement

Sign in to follow this