This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Hackasaures

Need help, sound plays out of speakers instead of headphones when using mumble/skype.

Lol i'm using a hp dv3 and it's such a crap laptop omg overheats like hell...

But for your problem, try reinstalling your sound drivers with your headphones plugged in. I think that's how i solved mine

check the audio output panel of your mumble settings, make sure the output device selected is your headphones and not your speakers

anyways, your computer sure do seem to have alot of problems O.O

maybe its time you changed/reformatted?

Haha, what do you mean lots of problems? What other problems do I have? I don't remember :P

Lol i'm using a hp dv3 and it's such a crap laptop omg overheats like hell...

But for your problem' date=' try reinstalling your sound drivers with your headphones plugged in. I think that's how i solved mine

[/quote']

How do I reinstall my sound drivers? I can't get HP's "Help And Support" thing to work. Should I just try and download it and install it?

to see your sound drivers

control panel/system/system/device driver

im assuming you use windows 7

otherwise just type device driver in run

right click the sound card in device driver, go to properties/driver, then google for your driver

It's called IDT HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO CODEC. So I just google it and download it? I also have no idea what model I have. All I know is it's 'HP Pavillion dv4' apparently there's also dv4-whatever models.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=hp+IDT+high+defination+audio+codec+driver+download

dont forget to uninstall the previous version' date=' restart, install with earphones in(thats what he said~)

did you check mumble settings n stuff if the first place to ensure its outputing to the correct device?

[/quote']

Mumble isn't the problem, I mean when mumble is open, EVERYTHING plays out from the speakers, EXCEPT the people on mumble -_-

>_> I just fixed the mumble problem. Probably fixed it with skype too.

What it has been doing is choose 1 output device, and using that one for everything. It has always been set to 'Default Device'. I just set it to my headphones, now it's not retarded anymore! Thanks for your help on the 'output device' thing. And I think reinstalling the drivers helped too, maybe.

Thanks for your help darkie!

at first i was like "meh, must be settings problem"

then i was like " omg, i has only output device displayed in settings"

so i was like "shit....i'm wrong"

then i realised

only my headphones are jacked in