welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
Xenatris

Help with rocket jumping

Hi..

I've been playing TF2 for some time now and rocket jumping is still a pretty unreliable thing to do for me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't go the way you expect it to, i.e. too low, too high or just the wrong direction; and a failed rocket jump means a free frag for all. Wonder if perhaps anyone would be so kind as to share some useful tips or pointers for me to improve on my rocket jumping :{

Need help pls thx!

A bind will solve your problems. The following script is taken from the edited version of natapon's competitive config files (http://code.google.com/p/tf2compconfiguration/):

//Rocket Jump

alias +rocketjump "+jump;+duck;wait;+attack"

alias -rocketjump "-jump;-attack;wait;wait;wait;-duck"

bind mouse2 "+rocketjump"

Otherwise, if you do not want to be reliant on scripts, you may need to make sure that your keyboard/mouse are functioning properly and your fps is slightly high. With practice, you will then be able to produce rocket jumps quite consistently.

Good luck :)

1. Experiment with the angles (rocket aim and blast radius) which give you distance or height or whatever you want

2. Practise slowly so that you can consistently get the right angle

3. Slowly speed up till your muscle memory takes over

4. Go back to step 1

A bind will solve your problems. The following script is taken from the edited version of natapon's competitive config files (http://code.google.com/p/tf2compconfiguration/):

//Rocket Jump

alias +rocketjump "+jump;+duck;wait;+attack"

alias -rocketjump "-jump;-attack;wait;wait;wait;-duck"

bind mouse2 "+rocketjump"

[/quote']

rocket jump script is not good because it will be harder to vary your rocketjumps as sometimes you would want to do a very low jump for more distance but less airtime

try a crouch jump script instead,

alias +crouchjump "+jump; +duck"
alias -crouchjump "-duck; -jump"
bind "(yourkeyhere)" "+crouchjump"

thx, so much response and help :) I've tried the script before and felt that you would certainly rocket jump but may not be the way you want it to be and it's less flexible.. oh well. maybe i'll get a rocket jumper then.. I see some sollies being able to jump very far at low height, there has got to be a certain trick to it #.#

To jump far without height, do the same rocket jump to a wall as you would against the ground. The sideways explosion will give you length instead of height. Rocket jumpers are quite useless imo, you should be seasoned with the stock rocket launcher. (Unless you want to have some fun with goomba-stomping ;) )

I would suggest Jump maps to practice on your skills but it depends. You can start of with easy maps like beef and move on from there.

Sign in to follow this