This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Otuzi

AFA pugs

yeah i know im lame xP but just to write about it, it was an awesome game. i didnt do so badly (thanks to jared and combat wombat:D) but after the first match, i saw a few.. not-so-noob people. like vitaz, pizza, and some others. is that allowed? :/

including tabi. oh and a shoutout to sexual healing! :D nice job playing scout! :D

I feel so bad because I can't remember what you played. Unless you were Skyrim the medic. Also I can't remember what I myself played that game =d

Well plenty of MiA people came into the AFA pug to play, I believe it's not that they wanted to bully, but because the normal pug servers were down, and they just wanted to play. Honestly, combat wombat should also be considered "not-so-noob". Later at night, we even had xe pay a visit!

So when he asks if it's allowed, it makes me wonder, what exactly is the skill cap where someone is disallowed from joining an AFA pug. Two arguments for why I think anyone should be allowed in

1. They nearly always off-classed

2. If we don't play with better players, there's less likelihood of us improving, or we would improve slower.

So, better players can come in to improve their off-classes, and the noobs will benefit by seeing an example of good communication and gamesense which I would expect from the more experienced players =)

how are the AFA pugs going so far? sounds like its being invaded by some of the more experienced players at the expense of those that are learning.

Well, normal pug servers were down, I think that's why there were quite a few in the afa server yesterday.

I don't think the new players are losing out actually, because the pros are still outnumbered, and we learn a lot. For example, I played half a match with #7 as medic, and his calls taught me a lot.

"Push demo come demo move fwd demo go back demo" lol =p

how are the AFA pugs going so far? sounds like its being invaded by some of the more experienced players at the expense of those that are learning.

Thanks for your concern. AFA pugs have been going on rather smoothly with insane response from the newbies and several mentors taking their time off to help mentor, call and even medic for teams. Several players whom I deemed as too experienced for AFA were barred from playing any class other than med by me just yesterday and yeah, it seems to be going fine.

Kudos to all other mentors who took time off to help; pizza and 7(:

Darkie, you could think about WHEN to leak, scouts aren't supposed to be trying to leak ALL THE TIME. It's often suicidal. Are you from DC? Yesterday our team was quite full of DC members right? I actually expected us to get rolled, it didn't turn out too bad. We could have won, in fact.

in top tier games i don't think leaking would be very high on the priority list as compared to holding your position and not making stupid mistakes.

Darkie' date=' you could think about WHEN to leak, scouts aren't supposed to be trying to leak ALL THE TIME. It's often suicidal. Are you from DC? Yesterday our team was quite full of DC members right? I actually expected us to get rolled, it didn't turn out too bad. We could have won, in fact.

[/quote']

Not all of us are bad players, just really inexperienced.

I remember us leaking scouts a lot.

Fun times, though.

DC isn't that bad, just that we're pretty inexperienced and our game sense needs work.

You were great yesterday, so was darkie, ding and raziel.

yeah. if the scouts were leaking all the time. It wld open everyone else up to the attacks from the other team. making the team as a whole, much more vulnerable.

i realised i place killing xe and medic above everything else

other then that, im horrible in pretty much everything other then medic

i know my gamesense is fail, so don angry plzzz :<

oh and im not from DC

I feel so bad because I can't remember what you played. Unless you were Skyrim the medic. Also I can't remember what I myself played that game =d

Well plenty of MiA people came into the AFA pug to play' date=' I believe it's not that they wanted to bully, but because the normal pug servers were down, and they just wanted to play. Honestly, combat wombat should also be considered "not-so-noob". Later at night, we even had xe pay a visit!

So when he asks if it's allowed, it makes me wonder, what exactly is the skill cap where someone is disallowed from joining an AFA pug. Two arguments for why I think anyone should be allowed in

1. They nearly always off-classed

2. If we don't play with better players, there's less likelihood of us improving, or we would improve slower.

So, better players can come in to improve their off-classes, and the noobs will benefit by seeing an example of good communication and gamesense which I would expect from the more experienced players =)

[/quote']

yeah i was skyrim:) lols. i changed my name >.< you played the pocket solly to me:D oh ic.. combat was playing solly, you told me he was the best scout there(SEXUAL HEALING! :D). yeah. i know.. but its not nice to have super owners in the field. i mean 1 or two in each team is fine i guess. :P but if everyone off class then wont be pug anymore.. right?

and anyway, how come the pugs are so.. not often? we should have more.. like. RIGHT NAO. :P can anyone teach me how to call/make announcement for a game?

Dear DarKie, your too cute. :3 I'm a noob demoman. yesterday's afapug just prove that i can join you peps! :D I did not eliminate your team with 5 rounds didnt i :D ? besides, was teaching my team how to cover flanks and calling SCOUTS LIKE YOU LEAKING. ew.

can anyone teach me how to call/make announcement for a game?

PLEASE?! i asked nata but nothings happening so far :/

there are admins who are very very dedicated to asiafortress and are cracking their brains and keeping themselves busy to make this whole community a better place, putting their utmost into this community so don't disturb those admins

just add me up and i'll schedule stuff for u when u want. link's in siggy

Server crashed? i was playing halfway through a pug when suddenly everything hanged. then when i looked for the server again i couldnt find it:/

Hi i don't really know where this should go but since this (unfortunate incident) falls under this thread..here goes.

Well i was in the AFA server just like 5.30pm today, got chosen to play, and this was what happened...

(TEAM) icecoldsteel : wait

[sb]Skyrim™ : wait

(TEAM) icecoldsteel : let me join mumble

[sb]Skyrim™ changed team state to Not Ready

[sb]Skyrim™ : why got 2 demo

[sb]Skyrim™ : yes

Carebear Artillery Regiment changed team name to Piss

Carebear Artillery Regiment changed team state to Ready

[sb]Skyrim™ : colsteel change

Player Hooi has joined the game

(TEAM) Soulperception : what should i be doing as scout?

(ALL) PLAYER: 2 Sollys, 2 Scouts/Utility classes, 1 Medic, 1 Demoman.

[sb]Skyrim™ : icecold afk sia.

Carebear Artillery Regiment changed team name to Meow

[sb]Skyrim™ : zzz

[sb]Skyrim™ : can kick him?

[sb]Skyrim™ : then call in laobe

[sb]Skyrim™ : hey admin

[sb]Skyrim™ : hulloo

This was ctrl-c - ctrl-v from the chat box btw. (And there were 4 witnesses to it excluding the team leader and they didnt do anything??)

Yea you can probably guessed what happened next...subsequently i got kicked by the server admin (?!?!?!) and they proceed to sub me (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) and started the game (#$!##$#%!@!@@$#%^?!?!?!)

I was barely away for 2 minutes (to alt-tab to switch on mumble) and moreover, i informed my team. In this case is it my fault for getting kicked because i was "afk"?

In addition, shouldn't the server admin be aware of the chat that is going on?? How can the admin randomly kick ppl based on the opinions of one? Is this an abuse of admin power??

Sorry for all the raging but personally, i find this incident extremely frustrating. What's the admin take on this?

1) Shoulda done a allchat instead of team chat.

2) Your team mates weren't very useful in passing down a message.

3) Admins shoulda confirmed whether or not you were indeed afk for long time instead of just kicking.

Conclusion: If you wanna pass a message, tell everyone. Everyone's getting impatient, therefore kicking was the instant result everyone wants. To other puggers, please be patient and ensure that the person is indeed afk without reason (i.e. didn't tell teammates he went for a piss or whatever). You want a civil game? Be civil and check wassup with the person.

like i said, it seems to me to be an unfortunate series of events, with mistakes being made on all sides. i understand you feel you've been wronged, and that some justice is in order; but to pin the entirety of blame on a single player/person seems unfair. as such, there is no one person that the admins can or will punish. as far as we are concerned, we can only hope that this incident will serve as a lesson to all involved, so it doesn't happen again.

1) Shoulda done a allchat instead of team chat.

2) Your team mates weren't very useful in passing down a message.

3) Admins shoulda confirmed whether or not you were indeed afk for long time instead of just kicking.

Conclusion: If you wanna pass a message' date=' tell everyone. Everyone's getting impatient, therefore kicking was the instant result everyone wants. To other puggers, please be patient and ensure that the person is indeed afk without reason (i.e. didn't tell teammates he went for a piss or whatever). You want a civil game? Be civil and check wassup with the person.

[/quote']

Sorry i would like to clarify a bit...I was the last guy to get chosen and upon joining the team, I immediately informed them that I was going to alt-tab to switch on mumble. After all, you can't anticipate which team you're going to join and it is only upon being chosen then u can join the correct team mumble.

Also, I would like to point out 1 AFI here: if possible can we allow the other server admin besides emir to move us around in the AFA mumble to reduce time wastage and prevent this bs from happening again? Cos without the comms the fun of playing pug is not really there and the team will be half as effective...

Its not about you being chosen last while you went to alt-tab to change mumble channel that might have caused them to kick you. It could be just that they are already impatient and want some action, that's why they requested a quick kick.

Regardless, communication between the puggers should be there so as to prevent such cases from happening.