This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Otuzi

AFA pugs

i gave all 4 AFA server admins the power to move people around in mumble a couple of days ago. My apologies for not publicising this enough to everyone.

The admins are Kig, myself, CombatWombat and Agent K (sorry agent K, rufus cant be given admin because he's not authenticated on Mumble, so i gave it to you cos you're the server owner). Talk to any of them if you want to be moved. IF YOU WANT THE POWER TO MOVE PEOPLE AROUND IN THE AFA MUMBLE CHANNEL, PM ME ON STEAM. I'LL GIVE IT TO YOU IF YOU SEEM RESPONSIBLE ENOUGH AND NOT LIKELY TO TROLL PEOPLE.

On another note, i'd like to appeal to everyone to not bug the admins for every single minute detail or issue about asiafortress, or TF2 in general. we're not your mothers, we are not paid to do this, and we sure as hell are not waiting to serve you at a moment's notice. No, we don't know why your Mumble is not working. No, we don't know why your TF2 won't launch. No, we don't know why your Steam's not responding. No, we don't know why your mom won't let you play TF2. These problems are not OUR problems. By all means, post in the forums asking for help, or google it. The admins likely can't help you.

Also, if you want us to help you with something, ASK NICELY. i've had it with people coming to me, telling me that they're not happy with something, and fucking DEMANDING that i fix it, just because i'm an admin. i've got a life too, (and guess what, it's probably more awesome than yours) and i sure as hell don't NEED to cater to your every demand.

/rant

P.S. this doesn't apply to your complaint, coldsteel, your complaint is valid.

I should point out that admins will only answer to questions pertaining to Asiafortress or Asiafortress Academy that has yet to be covered in the FAQs/queries/forum in general.

Server issues? Kindly contact the relevant server admins (i.e. the people who run the server, not the people who assist with the map change etc.) who in this case are Agent K for the AFA pug server and e-Club Malaysia for the public servers or servers under e-Club jurisdiction.

Tech issues regarding TF2 or your computer or mumble? Google your solutions or post a tech ticket at either Steam or the mumble sourceforge page or some computer tech websites.

Also, try to figure out things yourself as there's quite a plethora of information on this forum regarding Asiafortress or AFA. Anything that doesn't require an admin's response (i.e. non urgent queries), you can direct them to the respective threads here or create a thread here yourself for discussion.

protip. Play in window mode for quick alttabs. put a -noborder in launch options to get rid of those pesky.. um borders.

Well somehow when i play in windowed mode i can somehow end up clicking on desktop icons/background and the next moment, I will stupidly die thanks to that shot that I could've easily dodge..

Is it only me or is this happening to others as well?

Anw thks for all the help guys really appreciated it :)

-noforcemaccel -noforcemparams -noforcemspd -novid -sw -noborder

these are my launch options in tf2. im not sure which is the one you're looking for, but using these launch options, your TF2 will look exactly the same, but alt-tabbing is instantaneous.

not sure if it affects your performance though.

Hi i don't really know where this should go but since this (unfortunate incident) falls under this thread..here goes.

Well i was in the AFA server just like 5.30pm today' date=' got chosen to play, and this was what happened...

(TEAM) icecoldsteel : wait

[sb']Skyrim™ : wait

(TEAM) icecoldsteel : let me join mumble

[sb]Skyrim™ changed team state to Not Ready

[sb]Skyrim™ : why got 2 demo

[sb]Skyrim™ : yes

Carebear Artillery Regiment changed team name to Piss

Carebear Artillery Regiment changed team state to Ready

[sb]Skyrim™ : colsteel change

Player Hooi has joined the game

(TEAM) Soulperception : what should i be doing as scout?

(ALL) PLAYER: 2 Sollys, 2 Scouts/Utility classes, 1 Medic, 1 Demoman.

[sb]Skyrim™ : icecold afk sia.

Carebear Artillery Regiment changed team name to Meow

[sb]Skyrim™ : zzz

[sb]Skyrim™ : can kick him?

[sb]Skyrim™ : then call in laobe

[sb]Skyrim™ : hey admin

[sb]Skyrim™ : hulloo

This was ctrl-c - ctrl-v from the chat box btw. (And there were 4 witnesses to it excluding the team leader and they didnt do anything??)

Yea you can probably guessed what happened next...subsequently i got kicked by the server admin (?!?!?!) and they proceed to sub me (?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!) and started the game (#$!##$#%!@!@@$#%^?!?!?!)

I was barely away for 2 minutes (to alt-tab to switch on mumble) and moreover, i informed my team. In this case is it my fault for getting kicked because i was "afk"?

In addition, shouldn't the server admin be aware of the chat that is going on?? How can the admin randomly kick ppl based on the opinions of one? Is this an abuse of admin power??

Sorry for all the raging but personally, i find this incident extremely frustrating. What's the admin take on this?

oh my god. icecoldsteel im so sorry. i didnt see your post that said you were going on to mumble. sorry>.< we were getting impatient, and waiting for (what i think) was a long time alrd. so sorry..

@icecoldsteel

I once had that problem, but i fixed it using my sharp logic :P

oh your thingy about the clicking ur desktop. Fix it by lowering your windows sensitivity and increasing ur ingame sensitivity. The problem is that your computer is moving your "MOUSE" too quickly for it to be restricted by the game. But if u lower ur WINDOWS sensitivity, your mouse will not move too fast and out of the game screen.

Understand?

Oh and another plus to using windowed mode. U can set ur resolution to wider permutations, which will increase ur Field of vision. i forgot wat was the lauch options to use. i think its -h (height) and -w (Width). in pixels of course

that was a great game. 3 PUGS in a row as medic. i feel i learned alot, escpecially from camou's super sexay voice:P and between my many sollys and demos. thanks to all:) anw, jkmny, can you be my medic mentor? :D

New clause:

Competitive players are welcome to mentor the AFA participants, but are strictly forbidden from participating in the game itself. This includes medicing for any team. What a mentor should do is to join up the relevant mumble channel and coach accordingly. (i.e. via voice chat).

Suggestion:

like what a couple of friends and i have discussed. teams should not be filled with total noobs. mentors and newbies should play alongside, learning through its practicality. only then, they'll be able to absorb better.

purely coaching them from mumble, too darn theoretical. 3mentors 3newbies per team. or at least 2 mentors, max 3.

the way i look at things, it will be a steeper learning curve playing with the mentors, but it puts them in a more competitive spirit and environment. play together, and thereafter, seek and after-action review.

edit: grammar errors, yikes.

seven, the way i see it. mentors=pros from different levels. say you get 3 players from cataclysmic for mentors on red, and 3 normal puggers who are just more experienced on blu. whats going to happen? steamrolling. easy as that. im a little concerned as to why most of the matches are being won either 5-0 or lost 0-5. can we have an evenly balanced team that goes 5-4? and no offence to cataclysmic or the expirenced puggers:)

oh yes. forgot to mention. after all, there is a new server for people who want to play. the agentcy put up a new server. so pleasee. if you want to get your edge of competitive fun, please go to that server.

okay. now i notice that the AFA pug server is gaining EXTREME popularity, the pug scene has been going on from 3.30 pm until now, and god knows when they stop:) there are so many players that the game dosent end, and everyone gets their fair share of gaming and experience. kudos to everyone who brought in their friend:)

Oh remember if there are no Mentors in the game it should be up to you guys to enforce some of the rules. Do not go and be all weird. Like 3 scouts or smthing. Remember it is still a pug.

i find it a little weird how there are no class limits at all. :/ should be change that? at one point we had 2 medics. our solly was off classing like mad to pyro,heavy and even a second medic.

i find it a little weird how there are no class limits at all. :/ should be change that? at one point we had 2 medics. our solly was off classing like mad to pyro' date='heavy and even a second medic.

[/quote']

I think at this point the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard, not the server settings.

the person lah. You guys must enforce pug rules. Also, if you want you can kindly request Agent K to do that for u. But i don't know.

Just remember, there are rules. And a pug must be played with those rules in mind. Its not just some arbitary thing. These are actually official rules. If people dick around it also means a lousier gaming experience for those who want to play seriously.

chair and keyboard? meaning?

lol

anyway, if you have any problems on the pug servers run by the agentcy, you could always add them up on steam friends or pm them via the asiafortress academy steam chat to ask for help.

i feel really bad.. lol. for me as med cap, i always pick from list, then from my preffered list of players, then people who i recognise, and then people who i dont. ><

Suggestion:

like what a couple of friends and i have discussed. teams should not be filled with total noobs. mentors and newbies should play alongside' date=' learning through its practicality. only then, they'll be able to absorb better.

purely coaching them from mumble, too darn theoretical. 3mentors 3newbies per team. or at least 2 mentors, max 3.

the way i look at things, it will be a steeper learning curve playing with the mentors, but it puts them in a more competitive spirit and environment. play together, and thereafter, seek and after-action review.

[/quote']

the thing is, aside from the (if) unbalanced-ness, is that some of the mentors dont really care about the newbies. they rush off during rollout to mid and do a slaughterfest, then wait for us to catch up and then tell us to cap mid point while they move up to do more killing.

So you want them to walk to mid? Rollouts should be learnt by yourself, prior to the game or after the game, or if you ask, with relevant help. You cant expect them to teach you rollouts DURING the PUG.

Im sorry but I have to agree with se7en that mentors can do their best to help but ultimately, this notion of spoon-feeding needs to stop. Players have to spend their OWN time aside from mentoring sessions to learn and not expect everything to be given by the mentors.

i feel really bad.. lol. for me as med cap' date=' i always pick from list, then from my preffered list of players, then people who i recognise, and then people who i dont. ><[hr']

Suggestion:

like what a couple of friends and i have discussed. teams should not be filled with total noobs. mentors and newbies should play alongside' date=' learning through its practicality. only then, they'll be able to absorb better.

[/quote']

the thing is, aside from the (if) unbalanced-ness, is that some of the mentors dont really care about the newbies. they rush off during rollout to mid and do a slaughterfest, then wait for us to catch up and then tell us to cap mid point while they move up to do more killing.

I think everyone picks the way you do. So we get med captains that don't recognize anyone except the pubbers they came in with, pick them first, and get rolled because their entire team is really new to 6v6.

The midfight is very important, man. Rollouts are VERY important, man. If you get to mid, and you eat spam as you walk out, you're gonna lose midfight, get wiped and get rolled. If you get to mid fast, like how the mentors "rush" to mid (Which everyone is supposed to do), you can claim ground, get positional advantage, push the enemy back, do that slaughterfest, and leave your scouts or whoever has less fragging power to stay behind and cap while the rest move forward to claim more ground.

So you want them to walk to mid? Rollouts should be learnt by yourself' date=' prior to the game or after the game, or if you ask, with relevant help. You cant expect them to teach you rollouts DURING the PUG.

Im sorry but I have to agree with se7en that mentors can do their best to help but ultimately, this notion of spoon-feeding needs to stop. Players have to spend their OWN time aside from mentoring sessions to learn and not expect everything to be given by the mentors.

[/quote']

Yes... It's rather depressing when my demoman gets to mid slower than the sollies. And when the sollies get to mid with half health cause they used 100+ jumps.