This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14
Sign in to follow this  
thelousy

PUB-Landers Queries

May I suggest banning at least Tomislav?

It's too overpowered, even on a pub game. The gun practically removes what weakness the Heavy should have (slow - which is fixed up by the increased rev time; and obvious - which makes the Heavy's rev up even more silent than a spy decloaking)

i havent had the time to assess all the new weapons. do point them out here asap so we can let the pubbers taking part know asap.

Our server (or rather, community) usually play tests any new weapons and new item sets that we get by having one or two people keep our items for the moment to test it out, or have someone buy the whole item set from Mann Co Store

Most of the feedback are as follows:

• Tomislav

Completely overpowered. They possess both silence and speed, supposedly the only weakness heavies are supposed to have.

• Mantreads

Next to useless. This item is practically a blank slot to Soldier's seconday. I know that pub games are supposed to have a higher tolerance range, but the uselessness of Mantreads is too much to even handle. One of our best rocket jumpers that frequent in our server even said it was the worst item Valve could have come up for.

• Persian Persuader w/ any shield

Overpowered. The Persian Persuader takes 100 health from any weapon even without Ali Baba's Wee Booties (dropped weapons should only give 50%; half of 175 is not 100), and the Persian Persuader also reduces charge time by a really whole lot, executing (mini)criticals merely seconds in delay.

This is pretty much it. Other items are rather acceptable for pugs, and some even great substitutes of their original counterparts

i agree with the tomislav being op. flare showcased it to me. i think the new items should not be allowed on account that they are new and not everyone is able to obtain them.

the soldier items are pretty op too. liberty launcher and that shotgun crits midair thingy. really op combination there.

The mantreads are awesome what are you smoking.

You're not supposed to kill with it or even damage. The goomba stomp is a side effect- the primary purpose is the force pushback resistance which allows you to use the new shovel to smash people's skulls in despite getting airshotted.

Mantreads are so manly they allow you to eat airshots and keep flying in your desired direction to cap/kill.

LL is more of "I can be better at a longer range now, but my rocket jump capability is limited"

In other words, LL is a Pocket's weapon. Bombers/Roamers shouldn't really rely on it.

I say LL isn't as OP as it seems.