This is asiafortress

welcome

Ready to LAN?

Upcoming
  • asiafortress cup 14

Thanks for editing my post Jazze. As for ^' date=' everybody needs to stop trolling bolt seriously, if you wanna troll a little go ahead, but the level you've brought it to is close to cyber-bullying by posting his personal pictures and all the flaming in servers

[/quote']

dont worry, i have an alternate account to play on tf2 when people troll my main.

Hello, rmbed you posted sth abt no posting of pics so kindly remove mas selamat's pic from your avatar otherwise it's exactly the same as what others are doing. Thanks.

It's on Wikipedia. On public domain. Free to use.

If you don't want to be taken as a joke

don't put a joke as your pic

can we haz another pros vs pubs.

seriously, is this another joke

seriously, is this another joke

No. Okay, perhaps the way I put it was like in troll language and I apologise for that...

it's not the way you put it

it's the way in which you are completely oblivious to point of this entire thread

see if your wikipedia can read what a troll is

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory[citation needed], extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

so why are you getting defended?

how can you define between a cyber bullying and trolling.

aren't they nearly one and the same?

don't just talk the talk, WALK THE WALK

it's not the way you put it

it's the way in which you are completely oblivious to point of this entire thread

see if your wikipedia can read what a troll is

In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory[citation needed], extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted". While the word troll and its associated verb trolling are associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels subjective, with trolling describing intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, mass media uses troll to describe "a person who defaces Internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[4][5]

so why are you getting defended?

how can you define between a cyber bullying and trolling.

aren't they nearly one and the same?

don't just talk the talk, WALK THE WALK

I did not define that. But of course, the way in which I have put it was already wrong.

Eh there is so much wrong with this community, I honestly can't find out where to start. Benny and Nata both tried their 'best' to get a lan tournament for you people, and now that it's been called off, theres so much commotion! You'll don't appreciate what they are doing for you :|. Anyway apart from that racism, stacking, and so many other factors have lead to the death of your shitty community (which I must say died so long ago). Thank fuck I'm far away from it.

Cya people. :)

Also adding that the so called trolls (Syllcy, and the other fags in his team) are respected, and worshipped or whatever. Just shows how gay your community is. :)))) x 2.

Also adding that the so called trolls (Syllcy' date=' and the other fags in his team) are respected, and worshipped or whatever. Just shows how gay your community is. :)))) x 2.

[/quote']

you mean nefarious?

I don't understand why everything is so fucked up actually.

What is the reason behind your anger? Disappointment? Or is it just so that you can feel good about yourself? Its true, we all like to judge, it puts us on a pedestal. I know what I am going to say will not make a difference. Not as if I am active anymore or whatever. But really. Its just heartbreaking to see things go so horribly wrong.

I remember we actually met once in a while last time, and honestly I can't say the people I met are horrible, or even remotely bad. Everybody seemed sociable, friendly and was ready with a smile. Even those people others like to label as "trolls".

I guess when you are behind your screen, everything just feels different, you feel more important, you feel like you are worth something, and if you don't you are going to put down people till you do.

Please, if this community is going to die (is dead, whatever), so be it. But if you are going to behave this way, please know that it just makes you a worse person. You guys are probably better than this.

Sigh.

I'm happy that our community isn't that petty to finger point at the bastard that pulled out less than a week before the tournament. I was pissed and annoyed.

The "Bastard" like all people might really be facing some real problems in life. He might have handle this wrongly but not all blame should be on him. Why should he be the one doing all the stuff when you guys claim you are the organisers.

I'm more annoyed about how the 2 admins handle the situation by posting the private chat logs.

I'm puzzled why benny and nata got flamed. And of course' date=' I'm even more curious as to why people want to post pictures of me to troll me.

[b'] I'm pretty sure that there won't be that much trolling and flaming if they handled it the right way[/b]

If what benny did was such an "unprofessional" thing to do, then the "professional" reply should be "benny you should remove the chat log". The unprofessional thing to do is to start hurling insults around - which was what our admins and players did.

Did that and his reply was awesome.

The irony is the people that did not sign up for the tournament made the most noise. If you wish to contribute to the community, I suggest a few things:

1. Volunteer as an admin. Admins from hcaz to acel to wish to madman to spammah... has all slowly gave up caring much because everything they do are always under appreciated. Why don't you try being an admin?

Been there, done that. Sadly, Being under-appreciate comes with the job.

2. Sign up in LAN tournaments and events. Honestly I am not for admins that join asiafortress when they are not competitive players themselves. Perhaps we can let them be forum admins, that's about it. You need to be more involved in the community to really claim you are a stakeholder and that decisions made affects you directly.

Once again, been there, done that. And thanks for reducing me back to an normal user.

3. Advice your friends not to troll or pour oil over fire or stir shit. I'm sure these trolls have problems in their real lives and they rather take it out anonymously to online people. Heck, we all have our own concerns in real life. I don't totally disagree with admins trolling back because that's the only form of communication the trolls are used to.

Heck, all i see is troll and flame in the forum by both admins and users. You can't even get a decent thread without being it getting hijacked or trolled halfway though.

If you wish to discourage troll and flames, shouldn't one start by not doing it first? If user sees an admin troll and flame in the forum, doesn't that give them an impression that, thats the way to go?

If people like hanny, solaris and the others are kind enough to drop me a PM and let me know how I might have offended them, I can offer explanation and even apologize if I had did something against them personally. One time offer only :)

You right, you don't need to be skillful in the game to run a community, i believe you need EQ to do that. Sadly, that is missing in this particular community.

You right' date=' you don't need to be skillful in the game to run a community, i believe you need EQ to do that. Sadly, that is missing in this particular community.

[/quote']

I disagree. Its not EQ. It is just a basic value system. People in the "community" value lulz over productivity. They value their own skills and their own standings more than the development of new players. And maybe in some cases, like in my case, they value other things over TF2. Not all of it is wrong, but they are all bad for the sustenance of the gaming community (lets not talk about growth, there will be none without sustenance).

I don't think EQ is all that important, because I think everyone is capable of being decent individuals, and probably are. They just don't see a point in being a decent individual when the environment is more suited for trolling.

Seriously' date=' Is there really a fucking need to post this on the fucking news section?

Can't you dumbass(s) just say the lan event will be postpone due to some unforeseen events?

If you wonder this community is going down the shithole, this is one of the reasons why.

[/quote']

Hey Ratsyc.. That is the part I was referring to... I don't think your reply was very professional as well.

The "Bastard" like all people might really be facing some real problems in life. He might have handle this wrongly but not all blame should be on him. Why should he be the one doing all the stuff when you guys claim you are the organisers.

Wait... Who claimed to be the organisers?? I think all Nata did was give advice on how to run a tournament and all the brackets and registration and server configs. What part of the blame should go to Nata? The part where he helped?

Benny is also quite poor thing... He was never involved in this shit until 1 day ago... LOL.. but his name keeps getting dragged in... I got trolled as well :(

Ratsyc, perhaps when you have the time we should all gather in mumble for a meeting and discuss about it (if anyone still interested to), because I suspect different sides have different stories. I am going to clarify the story with the LAN shop tomorrow as well as check if we can still hold a mini LAN there for whoever that is still interested :)

My reply might be unprofessional (i was annoyed and angry at that point of time), but the way they acted is worst.

I agree with you that benny is quite the poor thing, since posting the damn chat log wasn't even his idea. it was someone else who asked him to do it.

Well, firstly, i'll apologized stating that you guys are the organizer. But nata did approach K to volunteer his service to help out right.(Lets named the person K for easy understanding) He could have asked for assistance when he couldn't locate the person for over a period of time instead waiting till last min. Shit happens but dumping all blame on K with full private chat logs is something i can't get over. (In case you guys blame me for being bias because i know who K is, I'll probably do the same thing even if the person wasn't K)

Btw, i've only heard one part of the story and its was from the multichat with nata and benny last night.

Discussion? Sorry no thank you, 3+ years of these shit is enough for me.

I've yet to reject when people asked for my help and i believe i've helped all i can in the past from volunteering my service to donating fund for a server. Its about time i stop doing these.

Seriously, its pretty sad to see how the community is able to sky dive into such state.

In all, I wish you guys all the best and good luck in rebuilding this community.

I didn't not approach him to ask him to help. We were offering to help with his event. We are not the organizers here. Just offered to post up details and help with registration.

I didn't not approach him to ask him to help. We were offering to help with his event. We are not the organizers here. Just offered to post up details and help with registration.

So he was the one who approached you guys?

hmm. so "K" is the person who wanted to organize such event in the first place and you guys offered to help out. then "K" goes missing for extended period of time without informing anyone, going the extra step to make himself uncontactable by telling associates not to provide contact details, only to emerge saying he got issues and such with the event. and this "K" person was not going to mention anything about the iissues organizing the event (or possibly cancellation) till much later if not for the questioning.

the lack of responsibility is most awesome

I noticed no one bothered to ask the most important and relevant question yet, so I'll do it:

How much cash do you need to keep this going? What else do you need?